• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help All-in-one email client?

mystvearn

Android Enthusiast
Jun 7, 2010
MY
Just got the SGS2. Now I noticed that this phone has a seperate gmail app, and an email app for everything else. Is there a way to put all email clients in the built-in app? I tried to put the gmail details in the email details, will not work. So far the only email I managed to place on the phone is hotmail. Tried this yahoo mail solution, did not work. http://androidforums.com/hero-support-troubleshooting/8083-yahoo-mail-mail-app-3.html#post2740491

I still need to get around the institution email problem.

Does anyone know how to combine hotmail, yahoomail, gmail, and institution email in one app?

I don't like the Google Gmail app, and haven't even tried the one on the S2. I used to use K-9 on my Desire, and have installed it on my S2 and set up my Gmail account as IMAP (get push email that way), my Hotmail as POP3 (pop3.live.com / smtp.live.com) and my domain emails (hosted at 1&1) as IMAP (again, getting push email).

All works a treat.

So its like pop-peeper for android then? Google's own gmail app is crap compared to the included samsung one. Will give this a go. Funny when I open the galaxy S2 manual-it shows Yahoomail as part of it! Now is that just blatant photoshop?

Upvote 0
So its like pop-peeper for android then? Google's own gmail app is crap compared to the included samsung one. Will give this a go. Funny when I open the galaxy S2 manual-it shows Yahoomail as part of it! Now is that just blatant photoshop?

Never heard of pop-peeper, but a quick Google makes me think it's more of a notifier than an email client. K-9 is a fully fledged email client with the ability to handle as many imap/pop3 accounts as you want. And it's free.

Upvote 0
Never heard of pop-peeper, but a quick Google makes me think it's more of a notifier than an email client. K-9 is a fully fledged email client with the ability to handle as many imap/pop3 accounts as you want. And it's free.

I've been using eprompter for years but its very basic, then they were slow to support it for 3 months-I decided to try pop-peeper. Its all in one email client for pc. You can delete, reply mark as read etc.

I just found out how to make YM account, just press the button menu on the social hub. Its there! Its a lot easier too.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones