1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support All-in-one email client?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mystvearn, May 27, 2011.

1. mystvearn

mystvearn Android Enthusiast

Jun 7, 2010
    MY
    Just got the SGS2. Now I noticed that this phone has a seperate gmail app, and an email app for everything else. Is there a way to put all email clients in the built-in app? I tried to put the gmail details in the email details, will not work. So far the only email I managed to place on the phone is hotmail. Tried this yahoo mail solution, did not work. http://androidforums.com/hero-support-troubleshooting/8083-yahoo-mail-mail-app-3.html#post2740491

I still need to get around the institution email problem.

Does anyone know how to combine hotmail, yahoomail, gmail, and institution email in one app?

Advertisement

2. tinapatra

tinapatra Newbie
    None

Jan 20, 2011
    I don't know if K9 from market will do all this.
    It is a brilliant app and it's free.
    Have a look

3. brykins

brykins Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 17, 2009
    Peterborough, UK
    I don't like the Google Gmail app, and haven't even tried the one on the S2. I used to use K-9 on my Desire, and have installed it on my S2 and set up my Gmail account as IMAP (get push email that way), my Hotmail as POP3 (pop3.live.com / smtp.live.com) and my domain emails (hosted at 1&1) as IMAP (again, getting push email).

All works a treat.

4. mystvearn

Jun 7, 2010
    MY
    So its like pop-peeper for android then? Google's own gmail app is crap compared to the included samsung one. Will give this a go. Funny when I open the galaxy S2 manual-it shows Yahoomail as part of it! Now is that just blatant photoshop?

5. brykins

brykins Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 17, 2009
    Peterborough, UK
    Never heard of pop-peeper, but a quick Google makes me think it's more of a notifier than an email client. K-9 is a fully fledged email client with the ability to handle as many imap/pop3 accounts as you want. And it's free.

6. mystvearn

Jun 7, 2010
    MY
    I've been using eprompter for years but its very basic, then they were slow to support it for 3 months-I decided to try pop-peeper. Its all in one email client for pc. You can delete, reply mark as read etc.

I just found out how to make YM account, just press the button menu on the social hub. Its there! Its a lot easier too.

7. mystvearn

Jun 7, 2010
    MY
    Placed email, IM accounts in, I noticed there is this P (yellowed star) item next to the some of the IM and email accounts. Does anyone know what it is?