1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

All-in-one email client?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mystvearn, May 27, 2011.

1. mystvearn

mystvearn Android Enthusiast

Just got the SGS2. Now I noticed that this phone has a seperate gmail app, and an email app for everything else. Is there a way to put all email clients in the built-in app? I tried to put the gmail details in the email details, will not work. So far the only email I managed to place on the phone is hotmail. Tried this yahoo mail solution, did not work. http://androidforums.com/hero-support-troubleshooting/8083-yahoo-mail-mail-app-3.html#post2740491

I still need to get around the institution email problem.

Does anyone know how to combine hotmail, yahoomail, gmail, and institution email in one app?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. tinapatra

tinapatra Newbie

I don't know if K9 from market will do all this.
    It is a brilliant app and it's free.
    Have a look

3. brykins

brykins Android Enthusiast

I don't like the Google Gmail app, and haven't even tried the one on the S2. I used to use K-9 on my Desire, and have installed it on my S2 and set up my Gmail account as IMAP (get push email that way), my Hotmail as POP3 (pop3.live.com / smtp.live.com) and my domain emails (hosted at 1&1) as IMAP (again, getting push email).

All works a treat.

4. mystvearn

So its like pop-peeper for android then? Google's own gmail app is crap compared to the included samsung one. Will give this a go. Funny when I open the galaxy S2 manual-it shows Yahoomail as part of it! Now is that just blatant photoshop?

5. brykins

brykins Android Enthusiast

Never heard of pop-peeper, but a quick Google makes me think it's more of a notifier than an email client. K-9 is a fully fledged email client with the ability to handle as many imap/pop3 accounts as you want. And it's free.

6. mystvearn

I've been using eprompter for years but its very basic, then they were slow to support it for 3 months-I decided to try pop-peeper. Its all in one email client for pc. You can delete, reply mark as read etc.

I just found out how to make YM account, just press the button menu on the social hub. Its there! Its a lot easier too.

7. mystvearn

Placed email, IM accounts in, I noticed there is this P (yellowed star) item next to the some of the IM and email accounts. Does anyone know what it is?

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews