• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

All Things Froyo

What is the best backup option for a non-rooted phone? Would that be Titanium pro? Sounds like none of the free version will do the trick, right?

MyBackup Pro documentation reveals that without root privileges you won't be able to back up third party applications data\settings, protected applications, Android Market links, and system application data, for example. Also, you won't have the ability to backup and restore applications in batch mode with a single click.

The best advice I can provide is to root and purchase both MyBackup Pro and Titanium. Why? One or the other may not perform as designed either during a backup or restore and you'll be glad you have a Plan B.

Also, have you seen this?

http://www.capfaq.com/w/Backup

Reactions: sremick and Girevik
Upvote 0
MyBackup Pro documentation reveals that without root privileges you won't be able to back up third party applications data\settings, protected applications, Android Market links, and system application data, for example. Also, you won't have the ability to backup and restore applications in batch mode with a single click.

The best advice I can provide is to root and purchase both MyBackup Pro and Titanium. Why? One or the other may not perform as designed either during a backup or restore and you'll be glad you have a Plan B.

Also, have you seen this?

Backup - CapFAQ

Yeah, saw that and it seems that nothing works without a root. If I root, can I still do the stock update? I thought that kind of broke ties with the AT&T software?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones