• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Allow data access for this trip?

slimjimmy75

Lurker
Oct 23, 2011
I get this pop up all the time and would love to know why!! It pops up out of the blue while searching the web , texting and other things about 25 times a day. It has 3 options to choose,,, Allow data access for this trip,, Deny data access for this trip,, and cancel. Deny and cancel closes the pop up but it pops up 10 seconds later to ask me again interrupting what Im trying to do. Choosing allow data access then opens a pop up saying ,, "warning trips outside the us may result in significantly higher data charges.." All I know is it has something to do with global data roaming but dont know how to disable it. Id love it if I never saw this pop up warning again cause Ive never left the US. Thanks for any help...

PS:Or has anyone else with the commando seen this screen?

Has that seemed to fix your issue? I have been having the same issue just not quite as often. I went ahead and checked auto to see if it helps my case.
No, still getting them . I'm gonna try what evnp suggested next. I'll update the results.

Also when I go back and see if its still on auto after a restart, nothing is checked again. Neither home only or auto. How about you guys ?

Upvote 0
Well I meant you're not a Verizon customer? Verizon allows roaming in the states for free. I don't know about your carrier though..

When I had my commando I had always allow roaming

Edit: my dyslexia is acting up lol
ok, well when I was in Mexico for vacation I turned off roaming in settings somehow.... I don't have my commando with me, so I forget what setting.

Sent using Tapatalk, the free one.

Upvote 0
Guys, it an old bug on Droid 3, Bionic and few other MOTO phones, they can't fix it. And it makes it unusable in Canada (and some other places where phone is using Extenbded (CDMA roaming) network. There is no fix or workaround. The best way to go is just to ditch it and upgrade to some other models. I got my Droid3 in Sept 2011, and I so sick of it so I'm usually switch to my old Droid Incredible (what a nice phone!) when I go to Canada.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones