• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ALPHA] ICS for Optimus M (NOW COMPILED AND BOOTING)

A few things:
1) I would not use the source code from the LS660
1a) It's hardware is different than the MS690(LW690 is more compatible)
1b) It has radio(flashing a radio img on a none radio phone may brick it)
1c) It uses different proprietary files
2) The MS690 uses CONFIG_TOUCHSCREEN_MCS6000=y
2a) To help with touch screen, grab the touch_mcs6000.idc file
2b) Then add the following to your .mk:
device/lge/thunderc/files/touch_mcs6000.idc:/system/lib/idc/touch_mcs6000.idc

yeah lol i realize the hardware differances.. but the kernal source contains pretty much all the source for every product, and the kernel source was updated.. im sure not all of it was updated, but the synaptics touch drivers were updated, they are not the same code as the MS690 froyo kernel source, i didnt get any errors compiling the drivers.. just got that one module error.. after my skyrim break im going to see if i can get that worked out. Also my config for the MS690 had the touchscreen listed as synaptics_i2c_rmi, not the mcs6000, but im configuring from reppards kernel, maybe ill pull the config.gz from my phone and see what it says. as always thanx again for the help.

oh, and the code you listed at the top, is that for the mk for the kernel or for the ics build?

Reactions: AndroidHogs
Upvote 0
Is this code still needed

frameworks/base/data/etc/android.hardware.touchscreen.multitouch.xml:system/etc/permissions/android.hardware.touchscreen.multitouch.xml

after getting the touch_mcs6000.idc.
yea thats just a permissions file but need so the phone knows its allowed to do it ;)

Upvote 0
yea thats just a permissions file but need so the phone knows its allowed to do it ;)

ok thank you. if i know how to use github id put my stuff up their lol.

ok what about this error i get it everytime compiling. and its the only error i come acrossed now
make: *** No rule to make target `out/target/product/thunderc/kernel', needed by `out/target/product/thunderc/boot.img'. Stop.
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

Upvote 0
@ause, this is still alpha, pretty much only worthy for devs and testers. No offense but if you're stuck and need help then this probably is not for you and you are probably wasting more time trying to get it running then you actually will playing with it since nothing is really functional besides just ICS itself.

Well, I take that back kinda because with the touchscreen issue you will be stuck for a while just trying to do anything at all. And man, if your screen goes and locks then it is a huge pain to unlock it and it will drive you crazy.

So I will rephrase it as, you will be wasting more time getting it to work than you will actually want to spend playing with it. :D

Upvote 0
im already working on the touchscreen issue and the a sdcard issue. i worked on every other error i have had. :p
its just this one that im stumbed on lol.

well with the help of andy572, tripdoc, bobzhome, playfulgods, and teamics, and krazeecracker for willing to let me use his computer to compile the source.. its coming together. :)
but now im dual booted cause i got tired of running vbox to many issues.

Upvote 0
ok thank you. if i know how to use github id put my stuff up their lol.

ok what about this error i get it everytime compiling. and its the only error i come acrossed now
make: *** No rule to make target `out/target/product/thunderc/kernel', needed by `out/target/product/thunderc/boot.img'. Stop.
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

you need to put the kernel image of your choice in that folder. the zImage. It's needed to build the boot.img

edit: and good for you for dual booting. i would never recommend building in a VM. You need every bit of system resources at your disposal!

Upvote 0
thanx for the fix BobZ, im compiling again now.. should be done by the time i get up int he morning..

im compiling on a VM, lol.. last one took about 8 hours.. not to bad lol.. i tried dualbooting.. killed 4 gigs of memory int he process.. my mobo doesnt have onboard video, and the ubuntu install disk didnt have drivers for either of my videocards.. all i got was black screen when trying to install.. then a random reboot..

Upvote 0
to that out folder? cause i have the code like this

ifeq ($(TARGET_PREBUILT_KERNEL),)
LOCAL_KERNEL := device/lge/thunderc/files/kernel/MS690/zImage
else
LOCAL_KERNEL := $(TARGET_PREBUILT_KERNEL)
endif

PRODUCT_COPY_FILES := \
$(LOCAL_KERNEL):kernel

i dont know why its not going to the out files. :\

oh crap i didn't notice the out part in that path. try doing a
Code:
make clean
first and then recompiling. If you have been building multiple builds without cleaning first it can cause some problems

Upvote 0
this is what i have:

Code:
LOCAL_KERNEL := device/lge/thunderc/kernel
else
endif

i renamed "zImage" to "kernel", and placed a copy of it in my device/lge/thunderc directory.

mine builds perfectly

Upvote 0
this is what i have:

Code:
LOCAL_KERNEL := device/lge/thunderc/kernel
else
endif

i renamed "zImage" to "kernel", and placed a copy of it in my device/lge/thunderc directory.

mine builds perfectly
yea that works, cm will rename back to zimage when it builds the boot.img lol

Upvote 0
ill do that on the next compiling lol. this one is almost done and i dont want to disturb it lol.

I know the feeling =) I built cm7 about a million times and everytime you clean your build environment it takes that much longer. There are some tricks you can do to store a cache and anything that has not been changed will just get recopied instead of compiling the same source over and over again. Good luck!

Speeding Up Rebuilds
The binaries of each combo are stored as distinct sub-directories of //device/out/, making it possible to quickly switch between combos without having to recompile all sources each time.
However, performing a clean rebuild is necessary if the build system doesn't catch changes to environment variables or makefiles. If this happens often, you should define the USE_CCACHE environment variable as shown below:
Code:
% export USE_CCACHE=1
Doing so will force the build system to use the ccache compiler cache tool, which reduces recompiling all sources.
ccache binaries are provided in //device/prebuilt/... and don't need to get installed on your system.

Upvote 0
I know the feeling =) I built cm7 about a million times and everytime you clean your build environment it takes that much longer. There are some tricks you can do to store a cache and anything that has not been changed will just get recopied instead of compiling the same source over and over again. Good luck!

How come none of my stuff was added to the end of my compiling. No changes were made. :\

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones