• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root AlphaRev X = the successor of AlphaRev!

success!! understanding the fastboot thing was a trick but i found a utility on xda that just opened a program check that you are flashing recovery and select the img. after that it was a piece of cake. running titanium back up and making all sorts of other backups so i have "incase i scew something up" piece of mind and then on to other things. thanks for all the help on this forum and thanks to anyone else who lost sleep trying to get root on this thing

Upvote 0
i have a desire
i have s-off
i can get root
but i cant get into clockwork i just get hung up at the htc splash screen.

any ideas. i have tried fastboot and just flashing inside rom manager but nothing.

do not use rom manager uninstal it
do exactly as stated on that link

what does it says when flashing recovery? give us the exact lines it says in command prompt

Upvote 0
What link are you using for your ClockWorkMod? Make sure you use the one posted above, or another bravoc recovery, because the plain bravo one will give you symptoms like the ones you describe.

yay i love you lol

i was using the one from the xda post but it didnt let me boot into recovery

then i tried rom manager same problem

used fastboot and a clockwork 3.0.0.5 img for bravoc found on google and SUCCESS :)

thank you !

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones