• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Already got Nougat, now ANOTHER update?

D

Deleted User

Any idea why, even though it only just updated to Nougat, my S7E is updating AGAIN?

I despise updates as they invariably mess things up and make things worse...

For example Nougat has borked my quick access menu, using stupid light grey tiny icons on a white background (why?), making photo backgrounds also dazzling white (WHY?), changed the icons (why?) and now my battery doesn't last as it used to.

And now, just a few days later, ANOTHER "software update", leaving my phone useless for an hour or more? Hopefully trying to fix things they messed up, though I expect they are just messing even more things up.
They're becoming more and more like Microsoft, changing things for the sake of changing things.

:/

Well I can now put my brightness control back at the top of the QL controls, where it was and should have stayed in the first place.

So there's that?

Yay, progress!

/sarcasm

Still different icons and light gray against white though... lemme check my photo background.. Yep, still STUPIDLY white, though it does go black after awhile, once it's already dazzled you and ruined your view of the photo...

Almost as ******** as putting the brightness slider right at the very bottom of a bright white screen. Because if you're trying to adjust the brightness to quit being dazzled, there's nothing more helpful that 5 inches of white screen in your face.

Having just being subjected to that idiotic white screen, see if you can find the 2mm tiny light gray torch icon? Oh wait, you don't need to, as that stupidly white screen is bright enough to use as a torch by itself.

I would actually pay decent money for an app that forces my Android phone to stop constantly changing.

*grumpy face*

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones