• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Am I SOL on getting my device unlocked?

M

Member2076603

So I picked up a galaxy S7 the other day for a pretty good price. It runs on cricket wireless and is brand new. I'd thought that since att owns cricket my att since would be compatible with this phone..
WRONG called cricket to try and get it unlocked but since I don't have the original number and pin I can't unlock it from what they told me

Did some reason and found a company called worldgsmcodes.com that offered unlocking services for 15.00 and figured what the he'll. Why not. I have no idea if this is legit or not, but guess I'll find out sometime next week.

What I'm curious to know is if this unlocking service doesn't work are there any other legit ways I can get this phone unlocked and to run on att

Where did you purchase the device at because normally whomever your msp is and if you purchased it with that msp, it's a time limit to which it has to be in service before they unlock the device automatically. And yes theirs several unlocking services available online but you have to pick and choose which one you feel comfortable with because all unlocking codes don't always work on the same device sometimes. I would read the company service ratings before I attempt to use any of them.

Upvote 0
I got it off Craigslist. Imei was clean on it which was why I bought it. This unlocking service I saw on another cell site. Figured it was worth a shot. The phone looks brand new. Still even has the plastic on it. What's a trusted unlock site I could use if this one doesn't pan out? How many times do you have to enter an unlock code before it black lists the device?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones