• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

amlogic m3 help

webheadx1

Lurker
Dec 14, 2012
hi i brought a cheap box xbmc is onit runs well , but the android part is crap and fedup with some chinese writing.

its a amlogic m3 1ghz 4gb ram has 3 usb,s hdmi ,ethernet sdcard,wifi built in, looks like same as g-box type. says mbx f16ref on board

but i have looked inside and havent found a reset button so how do i go about playing with firmware on this and putting a better android on.

because ive read everywhere and they keep mentioning a rest button but on back of mine there is a rest hole but on the board that hole aligns with a capacitor so poking sumit in here would be not a good idea lol.

pics stretched to fit.

can anyone please help me.

Attachments

• DSCF0047.JPG
    DSCF0047.JPG
    111.9 KB · Views: 119
  • DSCF0049.JPG
    DSCF0049.JPG
    90.4 KB · Views: 75
theres no reset buttons onit to get it to flash must be done by remote or something maybe holding keys on remote dont know or usb maybe.
how do you flash these is the a jtag?

Amlogic usually provides 3.3V TTL interface, GND, RX, TX, 3.3V. Look for these 4 pins (or placeholders, they're not soldered :))

Upvote 0
nobody wants to help me im stuck with a box thats not rooted my poor little m3 a9 1ghz is not going to be able to be upgraded the poor little thing is sitting there all scared it need a clever person to stick sumit in it to make her great would you like to help me please its driving me mad lmfao.

its m3 a9 1ghz plays xbmc perfectly but trying to work these things out so i can update it later if it need it ,brilliant box but no reset button and no support shame as its cool

so dont buy a skyvictor a100 tv box or your be like me crying.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones