• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android 4.0 TV Box advice.

Did you have the new firmware???

No, I don't have new fw yet. It's not released yet, but have information that it will be soon (as they told me, chipset producer - Amlogic is responsible for such long delay of ICS, they had issues with ICS sources which needed to be solved).

About different motherboards of ATV-108, I have official info that ATV-108 with new board won't be able to run Android 2.3. On new board there is added support for composite tv output, old board had only component and hdmi output.

Upvote 0
hey guys, i need yours help, i have problem with
VS-ATV-101
it's not working :) when i have connect with TV by HDMI its shows NO SIGNAL, i try to upgrade with
Download 2-28 4.0 firmware.rar from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way
but its doesn't work, or maybe i do something wrong, could you tell me what to do ??
SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH

I have to say it's not exactly my tvbox, i get it from my friend - he ask me too fix it, he say it was working good but he try to update and when it was not responding for a while he turned off dc in , and after this its doesn't work any more, what i supposed to do ??

Upvote 0
hey guys, i need yours help, i have problem with
VS-ATV-101
it's not working :) when i have connect with TV by HDMI its shows NO SIGNAL, i try to upgrade with
Download 2-28 4.0 firmware.rar from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way
but its doesn't work, or maybe i do something wrong, could you tell me what to do ??
SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH

I have to say it's not exactly my tvbox, i get it from my friend - he ask me too fix it, he say it was working good but he try to update and when it was not responding for a while he turned off dc in , and after this its doesn't work any more, what i supposed to do ??

Seems that bootloader is flashed wrong... here is one of solutions:

Arm/Boot Loader/How to burn a uboot to board - Amlogic

Use that procedure, but with file u-boot-aml-ucl.bin you got with Visson firmware instead of u-boot-aml.bin, how the webpage tells you.

Procedure is the same, just use your uboot binary.

If this works, when system is booted, obtain original firmware, put all files of it to sdcard and do an upgrade from Android to be sure bootloader burned to board.

If it doesn't work, there are other possibilities of recovering the box, connecting it directly to it's uart (as far as I know, it's ttl 3.3V interface), pinout should be written on board (4 pins - TXD, RXD, GND, 3.3V)

Upvote 0
Seems that bootloader is flashed wrong... here is one of solutions:

Use that procedure, but with file u-boot-aml-ucl.bin you got with Visson firmware instead of u-boot-aml.bin, how the webpage tells you.

Procedure is the same, just use your uboot binary.

If this works, when system is booted, obtain original firmware, put all files of it to sdcard and do an upgrade from Android to be sure bootloader burned to board.

If it doesn't work, there are other possibilities of recovering the box, connecting it directly to it's uart (as far as I know, it's ttl 3.3V interface), pinout should be written on board (4 pins - TXD, RXD, GND, 3.3V)

thanks for fast info but i don't understand the instruction from
maybe its because I'm tired now, i spend a few hours to fix it , i will try this tomorrow, and come again here for help, thanks again

Upvote 0
thanks for fast info but i don't understand the instruction from
maybe its because I'm tired now, i spend a few hours to fix it , i will try this tomorrow, and come again here for help, thanks again

Process is like this
1. If you have a linux box then you use the mkimage tool to create an aml_autoscript. What this does is allows the recovery process to run aml_autoscript. Within this autoscript it points to the ucl-bin that belongs to your specific firmware
2. Create a factory_update_param.aml file with the following lines
--update_package=/sdcard/update.zip
--wipe_data
--wipe_cache
3. Now format your external sdcard and copy on to it aml_autoscript, ucl-bin file, factory_update_param.aml and update.zip
4. Power off the box. Insert the SDCARD. Press the reset recovery button for your device and while holding it power on the device. Wait till you see the android robot logo come up and automatically start reading your SDcard and updating.
5. Once update completes, the box reboots itself. At this point remove the SDcard and let the box boot into the regular mode.

Hope this helps

Attachments

• Howto_aml_autoscript.txt
    1.4 KB · Views: 269
Upvote 0
I have this box dx.com/android-full-hd-1080p-media-player-w-usb-sd-hdmi-rj45-ports-black-2-x-aaa-102992 on android 2.3.4. Could I update to ICS 4.0.03 with the 2-28 4.0 firmware ? Is it safe ?

My biggest problem is that on 2.3.4 I'm stuck with flash player 10.2 to have HW acceleration. If I update to ICS 4, could I install flash 11 AND have HW-acceleration ?

Thanks.

Upvote 0
I have this box dx.com/android-full-hd-1080p-media-player-w-usb-sd-hdmi-rj45-ports-black-2-x-aaa-102992 on android 2.3.4. Could I update to ICS 4.0.03 with the 2-28 4.0 firmware ? Is it safe ?

My biggest problem is that on 2.3.4 I'm stuck with flash player 10.2 to have HW acceleration. If I update to ICS 4, could I install flash 11 AND have HW-acceleration ?

Thanks.

Don't do that, you will probably brick your box. Your box is not Visson product. It might or might not be based on similar hardware (it's not only chipset that matters - AML8726m).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones