• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

android 4.1 or low in android emulator

nicolodo

Lurker
May 5, 2018
i have a problem with Android Studio 3.1 and his emulator. If i emulate the Marshmallow version or a version a higher version of 5.0 the emulator works fine.
If i try to emulate Lollipop or a older version of android the emulator stuck: in kit-kat and jelly bean the button power of emulator don't reacts, if i presso 1000 times it works one time,maybe .
In Icecream the phone in emulator is stuck, it don't reacts and sometimes the display flash.

With the new version of android the only problem is that if i don't use cool boot when i exit from the emulator and it save the session, many times the emulator stuck and no way to stop it or kill the process.

I have archlinux and i use android studio,adv for create the device and the official emulator of android (for business reasons I can not change emulator). I have check if the kvm work's and it's ok.

It's maybe beacuase the version of android are too old and they aren't supported by the emulator?

I think it depends on application that you run in emulator. Newer versions of application much more greedy for resources.
When I run application on API 21 emulator it works fine.
But when I run it on API 17 emulator it becomes very slow and hangs frequently.
I tested it on real API17 device with the same result.

Upvote 0
I think it depends on application that you run in emulator. Newer versions of application much more greedy for resources.
When I run application on API 21 emulator it works fine.
But when I run it on API 17 emulator it becomes very slow and hangs frequently.
I tested it on real API17 device with the same result.
I have only run the hello world to rule out this problem but the promblem is always present. So i have launch the emulator from terminal for view the log and i see this ( only for lollipop or older versions).
"emulator: WARNING: encryption is off "

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones