• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Oh buddy that is truly the million dollar question everyone is asking. It's rumored but has been neither confirmed or denied by LG, but I think the G2 will get it before us, it being a flagship phone.
Yeah, I expected that. I'm just hoping that it's confirmed and the f6 does in fact get the update. At least if I know, I will not have to worry about whether or not I'll actually get it.

Upvote 0
Yeah. I've thought of emailing LG and asking but I don't think they would give me a definitive answer lol

I emailed LG 9 days ago asking them about the 4.4 Update, and yet to of gotten a response. So I feel hopeful, because they didn't say no, but they didn't say yes. So I am staying skeptical.

As far as the lack of development goes, thank this rumored KitKat Update for that. I have had some responses about inquiries I've made telling me, no ones trying to do a port, official mod or work on a phone that's going to get kit kat. They would of wasted their time, and all their work would of been in vain. So they just won't attempt it.

Upvote 0
I wish I could thumbs down the not much hope line there. I'm gonna maintain hope as long as possible there Mr Main Coon Cool Cat

My friend, I wanna KK here as much as you do, I will probably sell my G2 and keep F6 as my main phone. G2 is better, but not 5 times better, besides, I have some problems with no SD slot, nonremovable battery and onscreen buttons which eat up a good chunk of its marvelous 5.2" screen.

speaking of main, it is Maine Coon, not Main Coon :)

Upvote 0
I emailed LG 9 days ago asking them about the 4.4 Update, and yet to of gotten a response. So I feel hopeful, because they didn't say no, but they didn't say yes. So I am staying skeptical.

As far as the lack of development goes, thank this rumored KitKat Update for that. I have had some responses about inquiries I've made telling me, no ones trying to do a port, official mod or work on a phone that's going to get kit kat. They would of wasted their time, and all their work would of been in vain. So they just won't attempt it.

speaking of which..Android 4.2 and up has Miracast built-in. I wonder whether F6 will be capable of miracasting if and when the upgrade will happen.

Reactions: giovannye
Upvote 0
Here's the list of phones to be updated in case anyone hasn't seen it. Ours is second to last on the list. These guys have always been a reliable source, but it's still a rumor nonetheless.

LG to skip Android 4.3 and update many of its devices to Android 4.4

If we get the update it'll be a while since they update their korean phones first. Usually takes 3-4 months after they update korean before the US starts getting updates. I estimate August or September, but do hope it's sooner lol.

Note:
These time frames don't apply to flagship phones.

Upvote 0
I did a Google search and found this:
Can anyone confirm if this works and is a stable KitKat ROM?

Any information or opinion would be greatly appreciated!

No that is likely a phishing site, probably generated to draw clicks. Check the comment dates. Even the latest 12b update is still Android 4.1.2 as some have reported in other threads.

Upvote 0
Its been confirmed (or rather talked about and speculated) by a good amount of reputable sources that many LG phones with compatible chip sets will be updating to 4.4. That includes the F6 or MS500. Stay strong and I suppose not to do anything crazy, especially with the B12 messing things up a bit. So save all the frustration for KitKat

Attachments

• 1398225146141.jpg
    1398225146141.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 110
  • 1398225165263.jpg
    1398225165263.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 89
Upvote 0
Its been confirmed (or rather talked about and speculated) by a good amount of reputable sources that many LG phones with compatible chip sets will be updating to 4.4. That includes the F6 or MS500. Stay strong and I suppose not to do anything crazy, especially with the B12 messing things up a bit. So save all the frustration for KitKat
You do know this is a 3-month old news, don't you?

Reactions: hubsabubs
Upvote 0
I'm beginning to think the F6 might not get kitkat. Metro pcs is basically giving away an L70 which is near identical to f6, but has kitkat.

I think if they were to give kitkat to F6 they would have waited on adding the knock-on feature in a kitkat update.

The L70 is $149 and you get instant $100 off plus a $49 rebate which sort of makes it free lol. I'm thinking of going to pick one up right now lol. Not sure yet.

LG Optimus L70 | LG Phones | Android Phones | No Contract | MetroPCS | MetroPCS

LG Optimus L70 MS323: Smartphone with 4.5 inch Display | LG USA

;)

Upvote 0
I'm beginning to think the F6 might not get kitkat. Metro pcs is basically giving away an L70 which is near identical to f6, but has kitkat.

I think if they were to give kitkat to F6 they would have waited on adding the knock-on feature in a kitkat update.

The L70 is $149 and you get instant $100 off plus a $49 rebate which sort of makes it free lol. I'm thinking of going to pick one up right now lol. Not sure yet.

LG Optimus L70 | LG Phones | Android Phones | No Contract | MetroPCS | MetroPCS

LG Optimus L70 MS323: Smartphone with 4.5 inch Display | LG USA

;)

L70 has
- lower screen resolution
- no LTE
- no ir remote.

but for free it is still very good:D

Upvote 0
Just got back a lil while ago from metro store checkin out the L70. I must say it's not bad, it's gonna fly off the shelves.

Here's the unlock codes for the following devices. I'm not responsible for what you do with your device. I'm simply passing along some info. I would post this in a thread of its own, but don't see much need for this.

I have not tried any of this!

F6:
2945#*500#

F3:
2945#*659#

L70:
2945#*323#

L9:
2945#*769#

Here's a video to walk you through the process

;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones