• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

jfuginay

Feb 22, 2012
Longview,WA
I've ditched this phone for a while because I bought the LG Volt. Turns out my phone has a faulty GPS unit so I'm going back to the Optimus f7 until I can afford another phone or I somehow get my volt replaced (it is way past warranty).

But on to the topic at hand.. android 4.1 sucks compared to 4.4. I have been learning dev work to try to compile cm12 for the volt, I am going to halt work on that and try to get 4.4 for the optimus f7.

This is assuming I can find the needed device/kernal/vendor trees for our device. I may be able to pull data straight from our phone and work from there, so... here's hoping.

Just wanted to say Hi and hopefully I can provide a 4.4 ROM for us soon to pay off for sticking with this device for so long (if any of you are still here and struggling with 4.1)

Downloading the CM11 and CM12 files now (about 14 gigs each... will take a while, plus I work and have school... ) but... I'm hoping to be able to get 4.4 then maybe even 5.0 in the future...

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones