• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android and Ad-Hoc

Billaguana

Jul 9, 2011
Alright, I am completely confused and am hoping for some clarification. I just purchased, and love, an Asus EEE Pad Transformer TF101 and also own the original Droid from Motorola. I have already rooted my Droid, seeing as the warranty already ran out, and have been using Cyanogen Mod and Wireless Tether for Root Users to push my data to many Apple products (ex. iPod Touch, iPad) but upon trying to access it on my tablet, I had no such luck. I did research into it to find out why I can't even see the broadcasting network to unfortunately discover the Android doesn't support Ad-Hoc network connectivity. I don't understand why Google has done this where to Apple will allow it. So I guess my question is, is there a way to connect my tablet to an Ad-Hoc network or is there an app for rooted phones to create an infrastructure network compared to Ad-Hoc?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones