• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

android app for FM radio

There is an app called Spiritradio, if your handset is supported but many are not. It's very hardware dependant. It maigh also need root access, according to the description.

Have a look at the developers list of supported phones via the link in the app store.

My San Francisco 2 has FM radio built in but it's a very poor app. Unfortunately, Spirit doesn't seem to work on it (but I have to persevere with root access to be sure)

Rgrds

Reactions: sshuvro58
Upvote 0
I will attach a FM radio app and installer here for you to try. It was on the original Droid X and Dark Onion set it up to be installed on the Droid2. Do not know what phone you have or system it is running so not sure the install will work on your phone.

Get the two files in the APP folder on your SD card. On my phones when I have an APK file on the SD card and long press it, I am asked if I want to install it. So if you can do that it will install. Other method is to get app from Market APK installer and use it.

I do not use it because music only comes out of one speaker on the D2, have not tried it on my Droid Charge.

Attachments

• dofmradio.zip
    818 KB · Views: 990
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones