1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Android Keyboard

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by nickjugo, Aug 10, 2012.

1. nickjugo

nickjugo Lurker

Hey,

I just got a Galaxy S3 and I love it so far, had a iPhone 4s before i traded it for the S3. My only real complaint with it is the keyboard is a pain in the ass, i hate the predictive text. Is there any keyboard app out there that is similar to the iPhone or Blackberry? When i say that i mean, it doesn't have predictive text and it has spell correct, like a red line under a word that is wrong?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Colchicine

Colchicine Android Expert

One of the best things about Android are the plethora of keyboards available. I'm sure a search of the Play Store will yield what you're looking for. However, I want to strongly encourage you to not try to match the iPhone experience on your GSIII. There are so many better ways to input text than the standard QWERTY way. I highly recommend SWYPE (not in the Play Store) and 8pen as examples of how to do things BETTER.

3. nickjugo

nickjugo Lurker

hey, thanks for the suggestions! Im not looking to copy my iPhone, and i dont want anything crazy. Im just looking for a QWERTY keyboard that doesnt have auto correct or predictions, im looking for a keyboard that has a spell checker that doesnt corrent anything with out myself doing it manually.

4. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Extreme Android User

Go to system settings -> Language and input -> Select the keyboard. Scroll down to Auto correction, you can turn it off there. Then you don't even need to worry about a 3rd party keyboard.:D

5. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Yep. Just turn off auto-correct and leave prediction on. It will still show you suggestions on possible spellings of the words you are trying to type, but it will not try to replace it after you hit space. No need for an extra keyboards. Although I still do prefer Swype. Its built in into Samsung phones anyway.

6. kadimi

kadimi Android Enthusiast

Smart Keyboard Pro is the closest one to iPhone's keyboads, it's paid but you can try the trial version (see Google Play Store).

And here is a list of other keyboards: Best Keyboard Apps for Android

7. colmmcgrath

colmmcgrath Well-Known Member

Install the app called 'iPhone Keyboard Emulator FREE'.

Attached Files:

8. HaroldNMalt

HaroldNMalt Lurker

Touchpal is another great choice that leaves autocomplete off by default.