• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android Keyboard

nickjugo

Lurker
Aug 10, 2012
Hey,

I just got a Galaxy S3 and I love it so far, had a iPhone 4s before i traded it for the S3. My only real complaint with it is the keyboard is a pain in the ass, i hate the predictive text. Is there any keyboard app out there that is similar to the iPhone or Blackberry? When i say that i mean, it doesn't have predictive text and it has spell correct, like a red line under a word that is wrong?

One of the best things about Android are the plethora of keyboards available. I'm sure a search of the Play Store will yield what you're looking for. However, I want to strongly encourage you to not try to match the iPhone experience on your GSIII. There are so many better ways to input text than the standard QWERTY way. I highly recommend SWYPE (not in the Play Store) and 8pen as examples of how to do things BETTER.

Upvote 0
hey, thanks for the suggestions! Im not looking to copy my iPhone, and i dont want anything crazy. Im just looking for a QWERTY keyboard that doesnt have auto correct or predictions, im looking for a keyboard that has a spell checker that doesnt corrent anything with out myself doing it manually.

Upvote 0
Install the app called 'iPhone Keyboard Emulator FREE'.

Attachments

• key_pad.jpg
    key_pad.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 34
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones