• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Android Market Package File Is Invalid

Same problem here with my Nexus S on Virgin Mobile! It started off intermittently about a month or so back, but now it's affecting every download from the market over 3G. I've also had issues downloading .APK files outside of the market with them failing to install, but then it's been OK downloading other files. Definitely sounds like a problem with the T-Mobile network. Glad I've found some other people affected by this and that it's not just down to my handset, maybe with a bit of research we can get this nailed!

How do you have a nexus s on virgin mobile?? Is there a way to flash phones over to virgin mobile?? Thanks!

Also having the package file invalid issue, any fixes? (LG Optimus V) with ICS themed cyanogenmod

Upvote 0
How do you have a nexus s on virgin mobile?? Is there a way to flash phones over to virgin mobile?? Thanks!

Also having the package file invalid issue, any fixes? (LG Optimus V) with ICS themed cyanogenmod

Well there is, technically, but it will just look like Virgin; your carrier will not change. I imagine you two are in different countries and his Virgin offers (offered) Nexus S.

Regarding the apk issue, are you sure you've got "Unknown Sources" ticked in Settings -> Applications and also have "USB debugging" ticked in Settings -> Applications -> Development?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones