• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Android Market showing Wrong device

dukefenix

Lurker
Feb 27, 2011
Hello everybody, i recently changed my build.prop file to attempt the netflix work around.

Changed the model and manufacturer to read the Samsung Nexus S. It worked great and i was able to watch netflix. However i have since reverted to my original build.prop for the Ascend, except that the market still thinks i am running Nexus S.

I have accessed the market thru my phone, restarted, logged off the browser and all with no luck. Any Ideas?

Hello everybody, i recently changed my build.prop file to attempt the netflix work around.

Changed the model and manufacturer to read the Samsung Nexus S. It worked great and i was able to watch netflix. However i have since reverted to my original build.prop for the Ascend, except that the market still thinks i am running Nexus S.

I have accessed the market thru my phone, restarted, logged off the browser and all with no luck. Any Ideas?

I would try changing the build.prop back to the way it was and use the Netflix app with the device check removed. Here's the link to the app:

[APP][Updated 6/6/11] Official Netflix - xda-developers

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0

Are you still able to use the market to download apps while being recognized as a NEXUS S ?

Upvote 0

The market see your phone as Nexus S and not Huawei Ascend, once you change it back the market should recognize your phone again, example if you flash the chinese version of 2.2 the market will see your phone as c8500 and alot of 2.1 or 2.2 apps will not work...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones