• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Android OS Questions

Hi everyone, first post.

I am wondering first if there is a way to revert the cut/paste buttons back to their respective symbols rather than the bulky, annoying words. Not to mention that the Select All button is hidden behind a drop down list. More button taps equals less efficient productivity. See pic.

2016-07-15_10.41.41.jpg

Addendum, whilst using the Blackberry Priv and updating the OS to 6.0, the button to turn off data service from the drop down menu has vanished. Any fixes?

2016-07-15_11.22.08.jpg

Thanks for reading!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160715-103410.png
    Screenshot_20160715-103410.png
    408.9 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
You say "revert", so when did this change? Is it a feature of the Priv, or something that happened with an update? These things aren't the same on all phones, so it's useful to tell us the device and OS version.

That said, if this is something that changed with an OS update, without rooting and modifying the OS (at the simplest, replacing graphics in one of the system apks) I would expect that you can't revert it.

Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0
Unfortunately the only MM device in my household has gone on holiday with my daughter, so I can't compare directly (though she was telling me last night that the new "charging" screen on her phone since the last update, likely a HTC thing, is a pain in the proverbial).

In fact my tablet has icon+text, and is on 5.1.1, but I always assumed that was because of the much bigger screen compared to my phone (which is on 5.0.2 and icon only). But unless there's something hidden deep in the (manufacturer-specific) user interface settings I doubt there's much you can do.

Upvote 0
I found a slight workaround to the data toggle button issue with an app that can perform various similar functions. It only opens the page however, but it remains much faster.

I suppose the only way to solve this would be to revert back to the phone's original OS. Factory reset restores the current one, already tried twice to prevent it. Is changing the OS on an Android even possible in this way?

Upvote 0
I have the words (not icons) cut and paste on my nexus 6 running 6.0.1. So yeah, it probably was part of a Google os update. Yeah, I agree the icons make more sense since they're more readily distinguishable from the text..... but I can't get too excited about it either way.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160716-103933.png
    Screenshot_20160716-103933.png
    511.9 KB · Views: 104
Upvote 0
Hi all,
I'm actually having issues with using Tapatalk ever since I upgraded from Droid Maxx to S7. When I try to get into certain forums, it just keeps endlessly refreshing and loading in an endless loop. Anyone else have this problem? Luckily, this forum DOES work so perhaps I'll have some luck [emoji3]

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones