• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android Police Says the Price of the Honor 5X Makes it Hard to Ignore

E

Endda

Android Police just published their hands on initial impressions of the Honor 5X. They love the price point and feel the hardware matches or exceeds what you would expect from a $200 smartphone.

Performance was a little spotty for them but getting a metal phone with a 5.5" 1080p display and a fingerprint scanner is pretty hard to do right now and Honor nails it.

Android Police

Reactions: Unforgiven
This phone is 100% worth the $200 they are asking. Also when the devs dig into it and we get custom roms it will be flawless. I thoroughly enjoy the hardware and the EMUI 3.1 isn't terrible with a launcher on top but there are a few holes in the software if I am honest. I am certain the Huawei devs will be on it as we have already had ferquent updates so far.

Last edited:
Reactions: Unforgiven
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones