• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help android.process.media has stopped?

mackay1985

Lurker
Feb 2, 2014
Hi All.

I am getting this error message constantly - android.process.media has stopped, none of my apps work and have done a factory reset twice and tried disabling media storage, download manager and then re-enabling as well as clearing the cache and data. Any suggestions?

You could try to re-flash android to your nexus, that would wipe your flash memory and in essence completely re-install android. There is a utility that can help you do this, if you are interested let me know and I can get you a link. If you choose to re-flash however PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS!!! Re-flashing can be very dangerous and could render your tablet inoperable if you don't follow instructions perfectly.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones