• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android Security

Hi, I am doing a project on mobile security, my focus is not on Android phones particularly, I will compare the security of phones (Android, Iphone, Blackberry, Windows) and also for personal knowledge as I own a desire.

My project is assesing the risk business have with smartphones and protecting against this using security architecture.

This is kinda where my personal view is with my desire:

Personally, I am unsure if android security is very good as none of the apps available are checked for any malicious code and people generally have no way of checking. You can get antivirus, but there is no real way to detect if it is effective or not and antivirus cannot protect you against what it doesn

Hi,

As you may or may not know, Android OS is Linux based. And that being said, Linux is the safest OS out there. I don't think you need an anti virus program to run on your phone. Just be weary about the apps you install. For instance don't install password keeper if it requires full access to the web. Just don't randomly install stupid shady apps. And even if you do you'll still be ight :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones