• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android Studio Build Immediate Fail

xarzu

Jul 7, 2014
This example code was taken straight from github. I am confident that this code is supposed to build but I suspect something in the compiler of Android Studio has changed, updated, or with a newer version of the Android operating system something needs to be updated in the source code of an app. This is because a build and/or gradle sync has this error immediately. Nothing major has changed in the code. I suspect this might be a common thing and I suspect someone must know something about this and how to fix it. Please advise.
015.png

Reactions: Unforgiven
Update your Gradle version to 7.3.3 or later.
How Do I download Android Gradle Plugin 7.4?

Android Studio is dealing with two kinds of Gradle as seen in the Project Structure:

050_Screenshot%202022-10-18%20064324.jpg

I have 7.5.1 set up. I think this part works.

Luckily, I found on the developer.android.com site, some information regarding the relationship between thest two things. https://developer.android.com/studio/releases/gradle-plugin?buildsystem=ndk-build#updating-gradle

And, on this page, I found this table which tells me what version of the plug-in I need.

045.PNG

So, where do I find this?

Upvote 0
How Do I download Android Gradle Plugin 7.4?

Android Studio is dealing with two kinds of Gradle as seen in the Project Structure:

050_Screenshot%202022-10-18%20064324.jpg

I have 7.5.1 set up. I think this part works.

Luckily, I found on the developer.android.com site, some information regarding the relationship between thest two things. https://developer.android.com/studio/releases/gradle-plugin?buildsystem=ndk-build#updating-gradle

And, on this page, I found this table which tells me what version of the plug-in I need.

045.PNG

So, where do I find this?

You can specify the plugin version, 7.4.0, in either the File > Project Structure > Project menu in Android Studio, or the top-level build.gradle file.
If the specified plugin version has not been downloaded, Gradle downloads it the next time you build your project or click File > Sync Project with Gradle Files from the Android Studio menu bar.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones