• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android tablet sync with iCloud

freeman30

Lurker
Jul 15, 2013
Hi all,
I'm looking into ditching my 1st gen iPad for a Android Tablet, as they're so much more customisable and make apples iPad look quite dated. I origionally decided to get an iPhone, iPad and Apple TV because i've always had an iMac, but I'm loving the look of the latest android tablets and phones that are around because of how customisable they are, but I can't change because of music and my calendar.

So I've got a few questions that I would like help with:

1) iTunes and music sync: I read that you can upload up to 20,000 songs from iTunes to Google Play for free, but when I add songs to iTunes are they automatically uploaded to google play? Also what happens with playlists?

2)iCloud sync: I have an @me email address and use iCloud to sync my calendar, contacts and reminders. Can I sync them with an Android device?

3)Bookmarks: I use safari on my iMac, can I sync safari bookmarks with android?

4) Does android have any Airplay? So I can steam youtube from an Android tablet to my Apple TV?

If anyone can help, it would be much appreciated :)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones