• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Android Tablet with Facebook Login

redbrad0

Lurker
Aug 31, 2011
We currently have it built into our app where they can login with Facebook, but because of our application we are looking for a different way users can login with Facebook. The problem is that our app is a Full Screen App that when the Facebook login opens, they can click forgot password and it will then open a web browser and let the user on Facebook. So I'm looking for one of the following and hoping someone can point me in the correct direction.

1. Disable all the extra stuff on Facebook login that pops up so the ony choice they have is to login or cancel.
2. Customize the Facebook login/App authorization so its always inside our application forms.
3. Make it where if they click on any of the other links inside the Facebook login that our App closes the browser and stays the top most window.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

We currently have it built into our app where they can login with Facebook, but because of our application we are looking for a different way users can login with Facebook. The problem is that our app is a Full Screen App that when the Facebook login opens, they can click forgot password and it will then open a web browser and let the user on Facebook. So I'm looking for one of the following and hoping someone can point me in the correct direction.

1. Disable all the extra stuff on Facebook login that pops up so the ony choice they have is to login or cancel.
2. Customize the Facebook login/App authorization so its always inside our application forms.
3. Make it where if they click on any of the other links inside the Facebook login that our App closes the browser and stays the top most window.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

All of that is part of the facebook API and not customizeable by the developer.

Upvote 0
All of that is part of the facebook API and not customizeable by the developer.

I understand what your saying but figured someone has come up with a hack to not let the users exit their app unless they hit the X. Seems like there should be a way to force your app to always be the topmost application like you can when programming for a windows computer.

Upvote 0
I understand what your saying but figured someone has come up with a hack to not let the users exit their app unless they hit the X. Seems like there should be a way to force your app to always be the topmost application like you can when programming for a windows computer.

That would completely go against the Android Activity Lifecycle (Activity | Android Developers) and ultimately provide a horrible user experience for the end user.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones