1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Another Battery Life Issue: Any thoughts?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tessel8, Aug 11, 2010.

1. tessel8

tessel8 Lurker

Hi all. I seem to be having what I consider unacceptible battery life and I wanted to collect some thoughts on how to improve it, or if I should seek remedy with AT&T or something. At this point, the phone is of limited use to me because it dies part way through the day, which is unacceptable.

Normal routine. Phone charges completely overnight. I unplug my phone sometime in the 7am hour. I usually get my first battery warning around 3pm. Phone usually shuts itself off around 5-7pm (hence, a serious problem). Since the phone is dying, it is "cycling" the battery every time I charge it. My day is what I would consider moderate usage. For comparison, my Samsung Jack last a day and a half under the same conditions. My settings for display and other things are essentially stock.

I pulled the battery stats the last time the phone died just as it was shutting itself off.

Total time: 11h 49m
    Display: 39% 1h 22m
    Cell idle: 12% 10h 19m
    Cell Standby: 25% 11h 41m, No signal 6%
    Android system: 6% CPU background 22m, CPU Foreground 9s
    Palringo: 6% Background 22m, foreground 3s
    Android OS: 4% 12m
    Doplhin HD Browser: 2% 6m 29s, 3m 58s
    Android Core apps 2%
    Good 2% 4m 50s, 31s

2. chicknlil

chicknlil Android Enthusiast

Are you running anything like JuiceDefender and/or any Task Killer?

3. tessel8

tessel8 Lurker

No. I am not running either of those 2 apps.

4. baddress

baddress Well-Known Member

Exchange it. The new one will be 300% better.

5. Max Tempest

Max Tempest Newbie

Just buy extra Samsung Galaxy S OEM batteries through Ebay like I did. $11 for 2x batteries + charger, I keep one spare on me when I go out, and I do not worry about battery life at all anymore. So far for me, the extra batteries have provided similar life to the original that came with the phone. If you want a link to the Ebay listing I bought, let me know.

Just to point out, this is one of the advantages over the Iphone, you can swap batteries easily.

Samsung Captivate Forum

The Samsung Captivate release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews