• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Another battery problem/question

olbill

Lurker
Nov 18, 2014
My Razr Maxx HD is having battery usage issues. When I check battery statistics the first one that usually comes up is Media, followed by sdcard. I force stop and disable Media. I have no SD card installed so I don't know why that one comes up. I usually do an unmount of the non-existant SD card. Sometimes the fix will last for a few days but nearly always eventually both of these items will come back.

Battery statistics as of this morning:
Media 43%
sdcard 31%
Screen 7%
Phone idle 6%
Android OS 6%
Cell standby 3%
Google Play Services 3%
Android system 2%

Can anyone help me figure this out?

I did a FDR awhile back. If a keep the media and sd card shut down my battery lasts nearly 2 days. I can usually tell that the two bogeys are running b/c the phone will get hot. Any shutdown/restart of the phone will start the media and sd card again. Sometimes they just seem to start regardless of what I do.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones