1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Any 4G issue is priority number 1! comes straight from highest level tech.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nkd, Mar 22, 2011.

1. nkd

nkd Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 12, 2011
    I called Verizon about my 4g issues around my house. My phone works great at 4g connection in the sourrounding cities, my college and even 2 miles away from my house. With in 1-2 mile radius I cant get reliable 4g connection. I called them and asked the intial tech to transfer me to highest level tech support and told her I have already been through the initial troubleshooting with another tech yesterday, which was true. So transferred me to highest level and she put up a trouble ticket for me and said the thunderbolt is the first 4G device and any problem with the device is priority one and rated as level one priority in the system, all support tickets are to be responded within 24 hours.

She told me that may be there is a problem in my area and they will send out testers in that area around my house to test the service if required, I was like wow.

So guys if you have any problems hit them up and they are really taking these issues seriously, may be this way we can get little issues sorted out and stop getting those stupid 4g deadzones in the middle of coverage map.

Advertisement

2. foster729

foster729 Lurker
    None

Mar 22, 2011
    I am having the same problem, in the middle of Washington, DC. When you lose your connection, does it ever reestablish, or do you have to power your phone down and turn it back on for it to establish? That's what I have to do.

Can I ask where you are?

3. burban

burban Newbie
    None

Mar 20, 2011
    Same Problem in Edmond, OK

4. dequardo

dequardo Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 18, 2009
    So...this is symptomatic of a widespread issue or...?

5. rushmore

rushmore Android Expert
    None

Nov 13, 2008
    Kentucky
    Tis bettah' to have 4G and some dead zones than no 4G at all ;) None for me :(

6. jrm390

jrm390 Member
    None

Feb 13, 2011
    Alexandria, VA
    Same issue Baltimore, MD. I see it to a lesser extent in Alexandria, VA as well.

7. Vehtemas

Vehtemas Android Expert
    None

Jul 6, 2010
    Territory Manager
    I think it is a problem with their first implementation of 4G. Makes sense why they haven't changed to Tiered yet, they want to get all the bugs out with their Thunderbolt guinea pigs first.`

Also, I imagine the radio issues is attributing to a lot of the battery issues the phone is having. Disconnecting and searching and reconnecting does hell on a battery, even with 3G.

8. ushneb

ushneb Lurker
    None

Dec 23, 2009
    Same issues here in Santa Clara, CA.