• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Any 4G issue is priority number 1! comes straight from highest level tech.

nkd

Android Enthusiast
Feb 12, 2011
I called Verizon about my 4g issues around my house. My phone works great at 4g connection in the sourrounding cities, my college and even 2 miles away from my house. With in 1-2 mile radius I cant get reliable 4g connection. I called them and asked the intial tech to transfer me to highest level tech support and told her I have already been through the initial troubleshooting with another tech yesterday, which was true. So transferred me to highest level and she put up a trouble ticket for me and said the thunderbolt is the first 4G device and any problem with the device is priority one and rated as level one priority in the system, all support tickets are to be responded within 24 hours.

She told me that may be there is a problem in my area and they will send out testers in that area around my house to test the service if required, I was like wow.

So guys if you have any problems hit them up and they are really taking these issues seriously, may be this way we can get little issues sorted out and stop getting those stupid 4g deadzones in the middle of coverage map.

I think it is a problem with their first implementation of 4G. Makes sense why they haven't changed to Tiered yet, they want to get all the bugs out with their Thunderbolt guinea pigs first.`

Also, I imagine the radio issues is attributing to a lot of the battery issues the phone is having. Disconnecting and searching and reconnecting does hell on a battery, even with 3G.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones