• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

any Hockey fans?

Im surprised they didnt plan for it just in case. Thats lunacy right there.

They did, just not for that very unexpected amount of people and local police were way outnumbered. Backup police/riot squads have been called in from many different nearby cities. Crowds were amazingly calm in previous game nights, tonight is insanity and a black eye on the city as a whole.

Upvote 0
Congratulations to Boston for winning the Cup. Even though coming in, they may have lacked the overall talent as the Canucks, the Bruins just proved that they played better as a team when push comes to shove. They deserved the championship! But the Canucks deserve a lot of credit for taking it to 7 games so I appreciate them for making an exciting payoff series.

It's a shame that the hooligans in Vancouver had to steal the headlines with their BS. Come on, in this age of mobile devices, the whole world is watching for crissakes!

Upvote 0
The only photo I saw was a lucky guy making out with a female in the street in front of a riot officer.

I've seen others, but this takes the cake!

Indeed, I think that photo will be a classic as it is very unique.

So many people bragging on their twitter and facebook accounts. Have to love their stupidity, easy catches for the police. In this day and age so many have recording devices, people should think twice before acting this way.

Upvote 0
Well, I think I finally recovered from my heartbreak over the Canucks' loss in the Stanley Cup Final. It sure was an emotional couple of weeks for me. That last few days were really difficult. I lost a lot of sleep. Last night was the first night I was able to get a good night's sleep for a few days. On top of that I had a nice nap during the day today. Making up for lost sleep. It seems like the only worst feeling than cheering for the team that comes in 30th in a 30-team league is cheering for the team that comes in 2nd.

Now that I have had a chance to recover from my sorrows and reflect on this past season as a whole, I am very proud of the Canucks for what they have managed to accomplish this season. They have been the best team this city has had since I've been following hockey closely. I am very proud of the Canucks organisation as a whole: the players, coaches, management and everyone else.

Upvote 0
Is he even gunna play this season? I don't like the player, but wish the best for him as a person.

No timetable for return. If he did not play all year I would assume his career is over. A whole year and a half out of the game would be crazy.

Apparently he has been working out, which is good news. But it seems he will at least not play for the first month or two, I don't think he has been cleared for full contact yet.

Upvote 0
No timetable for return. If he did not play all year I would assume his career is over. A whole year and a half out of the game would be crazy.

Apparently he has been working out, which is good news. But it seems he will at least not play for the first month or two, I don't think he has been cleared for full contact yet.

That doesnt bode well for him as a player. That long from a head injury is no good. I could understand a broken ***** or something along those lines, but with a brain injury...I dont think he will be back.

Upvote 0
Another D-man down. Bieksa gone and joins Alberts, Edler, Hamhius, Ballard and Sweatt on the IR. That's an entire team's starting defencemen. :( :eek:. I hear that Snepts may be called out of retirement on the same day he is going up onto the Ring of Honour. He's my favourite Canuck when I was growing up.

Haha that put a smile on my face hearing you say Snepts getting called back in haha.

Canucks fan for life!

Also like to watch Detroit and Flyers games alot.

Upvote 0
WELL GENTLEMEN... GAAAAAAAME ON!

after the most horrific offseasons i have been exposed to, this start to the season hasn't come fast enough!!!

Van, SJ, Chi, Pit, Col, and all other of my favorite Wing rivals, GOOD LUCK and lets have a fun season. we should have started a fantasy with only the spit talkers and we taking our teams guys only... woulda been interesting. oh well.

hope your team lights the lamp!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones