• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any info on how to unlock VM Samsung Galaxy S5

reload69

Dec 27, 2015
does anyone have any info on how to unlock A Virgin Mobile samsung gallaxy s5. I would like to take it over to another carrier which is cricket that uses unlocked gsm. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Update: Actually my phone seems to be CDMA and Cricket takes GSM. Im really not sure but is there any workaround for this. Thanks

Last edited:
does anyone have any info on how to unlock A Virgin Mobile samsung gallaxy s5. I would like to take it over to another carrier which is cricket that uses unlocked gsm. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance
you already posted a very similar question, and I answered that question, you do not need to unlock the phone to change carriers. if it is truly a CDMA, it will never work on a GSM provider successfully.
QFT:
http://www.willmyphonework.net/
Update: Actually my phone seems to be CDMA and Cricket takes GSM. Im really not sure but is there any workaround for this. Thanks
No such animal exists to make this into a GSM-compatible phone,due to hardware limitations.

EDIT:
Your phone may be partially compatible with 2G/3G Bands,check w/Cricket Wireless for compatibility:
https://www.cricketwireless.com/cell-phones/bring-your-phone#other

Is Your Phone
Compatible?

Many unlocked phones are eligible.

Let's check your device ID number so we can offer you the plans and features that will work best with your phone.

Universal-SIM-Card-Kit.png

Dial

*#06#
on your phone to get your IMEI number. Select Continue to check your phone and add a Universal SIM Card Kit to your cart.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones