• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Any launchers that keep screen resolution? :-(

To begin with, I'm far from new to Android, just new to Samsung and the Note.

Also - I know I'm not the only one with this problem but I haven't run across a solution yet. I can take and image I want to use as a wallpaper and, on the lock screen and the Touch whiz home screen and it looks exactly like I want it to. But, since I'm one of those folks who dislikes the fact that I can't swap out apps on the TW launcher bar, I slap my own launcher on the Note to make it mine again. Unfortunately, then comes the annoying part.......

Whatever photo I put up as wallpaper looses resolution and seems to explode in size so that only about 1/4 of the original wallpaper/ photo is visible and what's left is very blurry. I know this isn't limited to just one launcher - I've tried ADW, Launcher Pro, Nemus, Go Launcher, Holo, and a few more I can't remember the names of right now. And they all give me the same problem. :thinking:

So far I've changed the format of the wallpaper photo to .png or .jpeg and back again, tweaked the size and resolution of the picture, dug through XDA and a few other forums fort wisdom, and used harsh language on my Note - all to no avail. So, can anyone tell me what I'm missing or if there's any hope for me at all? I'm rooted stock 2.3.6 and would prefer, for various reasons, to stay that way for now. But, at this point I'm willing to consider options if all else fails since I'm getting quite annoyed by this.

Thanks for any help/ insight!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones