• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any other noobs to rooting making their own discoveries?

summerfish

Dec 8, 2009
SoCal
www.facebook.com
So I'm a noob to Linux and rooting phones. I'm not new to playing around on phone's softwares (as I started with a Moto T720 years ago). But seeing everything on the phone after it's rooted is really crazy. It's overwhelming at first, but then it's like, "WHOA I can do that?" The biggest problem with BlackBerry's was the amount of space you had and the "memory leaks". Well I almost pissed my pants when I learned how to add my own ringtones onto the phone's memory, and delete (well I save them first) the factory ones. It's a small step but it's something. Any other noobs that are taking more risks like me? I'd love to know what else you are all doing. BTW I am using Root Explorer for everything since I don't know Linux codes for the Terminal Emulator.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones