• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any Spirits officianados here?

with the absinthe, do you do the whole thing with the spoon and sugar (not sure if fire is involved)? never had it.

I always wanted to, but I just get too thirsty to take the time.

No, seriously, I just never had the sugar cubes, spoon, and glass for it.

As it was about 140° I just sipped it, like moonshine.

And no, not that crappy 'Moonshine' branded butt juice at the store, hahaha.

I don't think that you light it on fire.
It is already a sickly, dirty antifreeze color, and as I have read this gets even more cloudy and almost flouresent if it has cold water poured over a suger cube into it.

As I actually like the taste if black licorise I never went out to get the cubes and mess with it.

Reactions: MrJavi and ocnbrze
Upvote 0
hibiki.jpg

so i was lucky enough to grab me a bottle of Hibiki Harmony from Total Wine. it is kind of hard to find bottle. probably one of my favorite Japanese whiskey that's out there. gonna open it up this weekend!!!!!

on another note....i want this guys vault of whiskeys......and yes i said vault, as in a bank vault full of whiskey (2,000 bottles worth!!!!!)

Reactions: MrJavi
Upvote 0
yeah so for the hard to find stuff i have 2 bottles of Blanton's which is another highly sought after bourbon. I also have Hibiki Harmony, a hard to get japanese whiskey. I'm still looking for my unicorn of Yamazaki 12 or 18yr. I have 2 bottles of Weller's (1 bottle of the Special Reserve and 1 bottle of the Anitque 107). and i think i still have some HIghwest Yippee ki yay and Midwinters Night Dram.

any wine connoisseurs here?

:) Man, I got hang with you bro!!! lol :)

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
SPanish Gin (Larios) is a very nice Citrussy Gin, and around 8 - 9 Euros for a Litre.
for me it is a gin called Esme. it is a french gin that is floral with hints of juniper and spices. it is not "citrussy" but adding some citrus on ice is how i like to drink it.

esme_gin.jpg

Reactions: MrJavi and Davdi
Upvote 0
So wild.
I am not a bourbon fan myself.
But ovr the last week, a good friend discovered and shared a bottle (the name escapes me right now) of 100° bourbon that has a wonderful flavor straight, and with Coke.

So if anyone has wondered where I have been, it took two days for he and I to recover after we and two other friends polished off a fifth.

So, I guess I do like some bourbon.
But I don't like the hangover from it.

I think that I am going to bring a fifth of Scotch or Irish Whiskey to the next party.
I don't get a hangover from those.
I might wake up and still be drunk, but no hangover.

Reactions: ocnbrze and MrJavi
Upvote 0
LOL Touch of Modern is selling Blanton's!!!!!!!! and its their most rare collection: Japanese, Black Label, and Gold Label

https://www.touchofmodern.com/sales...ps://www.touchofmodern.com/sales/89819?open=1

unless you are from these states:
"United States (EXCEPT Alaska, Hawaii, Mississippi, South Dakota, Utah, Puerto Rico, Guam, Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Illinois, Iowa, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Michigan, North Dakota, New Hampshire, Oklahoma, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Armed Forces Americas (except Canada), Armed Forces Pacific, Armed Forces Africa, Canada, Europe, Middle East)" LOL

its weird the California is not listed.

Upvote 0
I never pay more than $400. :rolleyes:

Recently tried Larceny, I believe I will keep some on hand. If you like wheated bourbon and haven't tried it, give it a whirl. Between that and Maker's 46 I'll be happy.
never tried it Larceny. i have seen it at my local Total Wine.....next time i'm there i'll pick some up.

Reactions: Clementine_3
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones