• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any way to get more icons in a homepage group?

Kelemvor

Nov 12, 2010
On my S3, if I made a group of icons on the home page it showed them 4 across, just like the regular icons on the home page do. On my S5, it only shows 3 across so they go off the bottom of the screen. It's also not very evident that it's a scrollable window so I forget that I have other icons in there that aren't showing up.

Is there any way to change this to show more icons without having to scroll?

Thanks.

My home screen has 4 icons across except for bottom row which has 5 phone, tango, contacts, hangouts, and apps.
Don't know how.

Are you talking about the number of icons across any home page screen?
That is fixed at 4.

the bottom row is the command row, you can't change that either.

if you don't like it, use a different launcher.

Upvote 0
Are you talking about creating a folder and then inserting more than 9 icons in it? That produces a 3x3 array.

3 across is the default with TouchWiz.

If you want more across, TMK you will have to use a different launcher

Yes, I'm referring to icons in a manually created group/folder on the home page. I don't know how my S3 had 4. I guess I installed some other launcher at some point.

I installed Nova and now I can get many more on the screen.
Thanks.

Reactions: VivisClone
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones