• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any way to NOT add space after picking a word?

ericiu

Lurker
Nov 29, 2009
So, I like the way my Droid gives me suggestions as I start typing, but I have a problem with it always adding a space after I pick a suggested word. Is there any way to disable this automatic space? I tried looking in settings and keyboard and there is something under auto-complete for adding a space, but that doesn't fix the problem when I toggle it. Any ideas?

On an unrelated note, does anyone know if any app exists to get 7 home screens a la HTC Sense on the Droid? I've heard aHome and some other app but those both don't run on Android 2.0.

Thanks for the help

i do not know but noticed that as well, however it hasnt bothered me.
I dislike the fact that when i add something such as :eek: or :) it always puts the colon right after the last letter i typed. So i say "I like that :)" it would go "I like that:)"
I always have to backspace the colon out and then put it back in :(

Yeah I find it a PITA when it does that as well. Specially when the Droid's smiley's include the stupid - in the faces. For example, :) which I don't understand why it does that since all other messaging systems use the simple :) or :( It creates an inconsistency among the chatting programs. When I talk to my girlfriend on her blackberry through gtalk, I insert smiley face :) and she doesn't see the emoticon.

Anyway, enough bickering. I wish some things would change.

Upvote 0
well where it mainly annoys me is when I'm typing in my e-mail address (or other login info) for some websites. for example, if my email address is keyboarder@keyboard.com, when i start typing the username, it'll offer me the full word.. i select it.. then i have to go back and delete the space it added because i want to put an "@" next without the gap. does that make sense?

it's a minor thing... i'll get over it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones