• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anybody have 2 browsers on their phone?

Chuck1906

Android Enthusiast
Dec 20, 2009
I have the pre installed browser and a week ago installed Skyfire the app that will play SOME flash content. Whenever I go on certain websites like Facebook, it will ask me which browser to use. So I select one, then the box comes up every couple seconds asking me to choose which browser to choose after I already selected one of them! This is so frustrating some times! I don't want to make skyfire my default since its still in Beta stages.

I have both Skyfire and the stock browser. I use the stock browser as my default and when I need to view a video I switch to Skyfire. Just hit the check box when it asks for you to pick a browser and make the stock one your default. It has worked well for me doing it that way. If I know I am going to a site with a video I will just start out using Skyfire.

Upvote 0
I tried Skyfire, more than once. I uninstalled it because it hardly ever played a video and was a buggy piece of crap. I was disappointed to say the least.

I have Dolphin installed and it works reasonably well. I also have Dolphin HD to test it out but will probably uninstall that since they actually removed features from Dolphin just so you'd have to add them as separate extensions (that also take up a space in your app drawer).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones