• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Anyone have issues setting up Google Voice?

GrdLock

Android Enthusiast
Nov 25, 2009
Texas
I just went through to setup my GV account on the phone, and I'm running into a problem. First, it says it doesn't recognize the phone number I'm using, even though it's the same number as I was previously using with my last phone. Then it goes to send a text message to the phone to verify the new number, but it says "Your phone number could not be verified, please try again."

I'm wondering if my device isn't activated correctly. I had some issues initially, because they sent me a SIM card that was linked to the wrong phone number, and I had to spend a while on the phone with customer service, then took it in to a VZW store, where a girl played with it for 30 minutes, not seeming to know what she was doing. She claims she got the SIM card switched over to MY phone number, and the 4G data does work... but maybe it's still linked to the incorrect number, and that's causing GV to not be able to verify the phone #?

That's my guess at least. So anyone let me know if you've had the same issue, so I know if it's a problem with GV, or with this SIM deal.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones