• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Anyone have OpenVPN working?

I have a Samsung Intercept with it installed, with it connecting/authenticating, but since I can't find the tunnelling kernel module (tun.ko) that will work with Samsung stock froyo, I'm dead in the water. My experience with getting OpenVPN to this point was very easy, and I suspect that if the tun.ko module was easy to find the entire install would be classified as "a piece of cake". As it is, I've spent the last month and a half googling until my fingers are sore, finding several zips hosted online with tun.ko's that the posters *claim* are for a Samsung Intercept. Except they are NOT..
When you insmod one of these, then dmesg, you get an error like "ARMv7 s/b ARMv6" or "ARMv6 preempt s/b ARMv6".. Bottom line is they DON'T WORK... Hopefully your Incredible will be easier..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones