• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Anyone Have This Problem From The Gingerbread Update?

When I had 2.2 Froyo, my phone worked GREAT! After The Gingerbread update to 2.3.3, instead of just pressing the on/off/sleep button once to turn the phone on, if I press it once and let go, nothing happens. If I press it again and let it go, it starts up, but without the HTC and AT&T Splash Screens. The only way for me to get it to start like it used to is, the first time, to hold the power button in for a couple of seconds, and then let go. I did every reset you can imagine, and even sent the phone into HTC. They wiped it and re-loaded it and send it back to me. It still does the same thing.

Does anyone else experience this?

I don't think it is an issue with the Power Button, for it happened as soon as I did the update. Also, I sent the phone into HTC, and hopefully they would have caught that. Thirdly, I believe that I Googled the issue when it happened, and other people had complained of some other button problems after updating.

Then I have no idea. This is the first complaint about the power button after the update that i have come across. Maybe it's a bug that will hopefully get a fix with an update like the contacts problem when using the stock text app.
I just tried on my inspires and a quick push of the button turned them all on like normal.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones