1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Anyone Have This Problem From The Gingerbread Update?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by lordpuffer, Oct 19, 2011.

1. lordpuffer

lordpuffer Newbie
    None

Dec 29, 2010
    Former Attorney
    Rio Rancho, NM
    When I had 2.2 Froyo, my phone worked GREAT! After The Gingerbread update to 2.3.3, instead of just pressing the on/off/sleep button once to turn the phone on, if I press it once and let go, nothing happens. If I press it again and let it go, it starts up, but without the HTC and AT&T Splash Screens. The only way for me to get it to start like it used to is, the first time, to hold the power button in for a couple of seconds, and then let go. I did every reset you can imagine, and even sent the phone into HTC. They wiped it and re-loaded it and send it back to me. It still does the same thing.

Does anyone else experience this?

Advertisement

2. 2manyPHONES

2manyPHONES Android Expert
    None

Jul 26, 2010
    NY & TX
    I have not experienced this on any of the 3 inspires i have and did the update on. Maybe your power button is starting to go?

3. lordpuffer

lordpuffer Newbie
    None

Dec 29, 2010
    Former Attorney
    Rio Rancho, NM
    I don't think it is an issue with the Power Button, for it happened as soon as I did the update. Also, I sent the phone into HTC, and hopefully they would have caught that. Thirdly, I believe that I Googled the issue when it happened, and other people had complained of some other button problems after updating.

4. 2manyPHONES

2manyPHONES Android Expert
    None

Jul 26, 2010
    NY & TX

Then I have no idea. This is the first complaint about the power button after the update that i have come across. Maybe it's a bug that will hopefully get a fix with an update like the contacts problem when using the stock text app.
    I just tried on my inspires and a quick push of the button turned them all on like normal.