• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Anyone here prior Eris owners/ROMers?

Wow, $132 bucks actually sounds quite impressive for such an already outdated phone such as that. I wonder what the big chunk of change for such a modest device?

I wondered the same thing, but I gave my Droid X to my younger sister and now i have her Eris. (I had it when it first came out) so now I get to use her upgrade to get the Thunderbolt :) But man this thing is PAINFULLY slow! My GF also has an Eris, but hers is a BEAST. I kept the stock rom on it and flashed Conaps latest kernel and now she is running her Eris at 864Mhz ALL DAY LONG. Mine will only run at 768.

Its nice to be back on this phone... really makes u appreciate the leaps and bounds that our phones have improved....

I cant wait for the TBOLT release day! Same processor that has already been overclocked (stable) to 1.42Ghz and an unlocked bootloader with 768MB of Ram AND 4G!?!?! Sign me up!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones