• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone Know When HTC's CES 2010 Press Conference Is?

HTC is laying pretty low in terms of the mobile phone industry AT CES (obviously because they just got done with the google event). I don't know about a confirmed date/time of their conference but according to reports it will be a very low lying showing, with a very few privately selected invited peoples. It will focus on their new 'tablet' to battle apples 'islate' due out soon. But if your looking for news on htc and their mobile phone plan for the US - i think that came and went with the google showing (basically, the nexus one release and the nexus one coming to verizon mid year).

dont know if any of this info helped. just wanted to give whatever info i had.

see ya!

Upvote 0
HTC is laying pretty low in terms of the mobile phone industry AT CES (obviously because they just got done with the google event). I don't know about a confirmed date/time of their conference but according to reports it will be a very low lying showing, with a very few privately selected invited peoples. It will focus on their new 'tablet' to battle apples 'islate' due out soon. But if your looking for news on htc and their mobile phone plan for the US - i think that came and went with the google showing (basically, the nexus one release and the nexus one coming to verizon mid year).

dont know if any of this info helped. just wanted to give whatever info i had.

see ya!

Yeah, I knew all of that info already. But yeah, I totally see where you're coming from and I KINDA feel the same way. However, what I DO know is that HTC is a phone company first and it is just getting into this tablet business. I think they're big hype and highlight will be their new tablet, but I can't see how a company like HTC would let CES 2010 go to waste and just let Google steal all of the thunder with a phone that Google is taking the reins on. HTC still has to worry about other phones going to other mobile carriers. So, with that said, I believe that they will have some phone news as well. I may, very well, be wrong, but I hope I'm not. It wouldn't make sense for HTC to be the only phone company that isn't taking advantage of CES this year. They are too prominant and have too much at stake, and I don't think the Google press event is enough. CES happens once a year, and I think HTC is going to have some phone love for us as well. I'm just curious when their event is so I can be online and check it out live.

If anyone knows for sure, let us know. Thanks!

Also, Kraze, I TOTALLY know where you're coming from and all of what you said is in the back of my head. I just hope there's more to it than the Nexus and a tablet computer. Thanks for your response.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones