• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Anyone notice when receiving call, you hear the callers voice on speaker before you pick up?

A few times while the phone was charging I've noticed I heard the caller on speaker as the phone was ringing- I thought I was going crazy hearing things, but it seems the phone does that sometimes... has anyone had this before?
yes me and my brother thought we were going crazy also.....have the evo and the same thing occasionally you hear the person on the other end of the line while the phone is still ringing

Upvote 0
Came in here to make this thread-- but found this one. I don't know how to turn his feature off-- but its hillarious. It's every call. I hear the person on the other end: sometimes its pretty funny catching friends sing songs while its ringing, or others telling other people in the room what they are going to ask me when I answer (freaks them out when I know the question) or the wife and kids talking it up, etc.

It cant be the network. I've had Sprint for 13 years and never had this before. It's this phone. I told the wife-- now, I got true call screening :)

Surely more people have this, maybe just the people they talk to are quiet while it rings.

Is it network based or Mobile, does this happens in particular service prrovider or in particular country. Can anyone explain it.

Upvote 0
Currently I am using (Standard 4) ringtone. It would be interesting if this worked and you started hearing the caller.

BTW - I tested this with land lines, Android phones, iphones, non-android phones and I can hear the caller with each of them. Weird! Not so nice when you are boarding a plane and your phone rings while your buddy is dropping F&#^# bombs and everyone can hear it.

Yes this kind of glitch if it is Network based might pose a threat to the Nation's Security.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones