• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Anyone noticing intermittent 1X/3G???

Motorola mobiles are built with radio hardware weaker than that of HTC or Samsung. This hardware is even weaker with CDMA-GSM so called "global" phones.

This made me laugh. Motorola is know for having some of the best radios of any phone in the market. I'm guessing you never tried the nexus huh. I have zero problems with signal. It's even better since ics.

Reactions: jroc
Upvote 0
This made me laugh. Motorola is know for having some of the best radios of any phone in the market.

That goes back to the days of the E815...at least for me.

Current Moto phones might have older lte tech than current HTC and Samsung phones, but that doesn't make it weaker. Just means all things being equal, in better reception areas the other phones can have faster lte speeds. But compared to the g nex, Rezound I had..my RAZR had the more stable, less annoying connection. Especially for phone reception.

The Rezound probably had the fastest speeds. It didn't matter if the phone was stuck in 1x tho. And my G Nex didnt see 4G in some places my RAZR and Rezound did. So much for it having faster speeds too. Too bad I dont live or spend most of my time in great reception areas.

In all honesty, the g nex and Rezound were so equal with reception issues, it was a wash. I no longer have a g nex and I'm on my 2nd Rezound...

Reactions: carracerz14
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones