• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Anyone tried upgrading WHERE or Poynt?

magicaldeck

Mar 12, 2011
Has someone tried to install the latest version of WHERE and Poynt apps from the Android Market? These apps came pre-installed on my Optimus and I was wondering if an upgrade may mess them up. Specifically I am interested in knowing:

- Will installing the new version hide the original one?
- Will uninstalling the new version get me back to the original version?
- Will installing a new version allow me to move these apps to SD and save space?

installing the version from the Market will basically update the pre-installed WHERE and Poynt. If you do want to go back to the originals, then yes, uninstalling the downloaded versions will take you back to the pre-installed versions. Installing won't allow you to move them to SD, and they'll actually be installed on your phone's internal user accessible memory, taking up even more room when the phone has very little to begin with, whereas the pre-installed version sits in the system partition of the memory. Installing the new version will just "hide" the original.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones