• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Anyone use Beautiful Widgets or Weather and Toggle Widget on the X?

kishin14

Android Enthusiast
Jun 29, 2010
One of these will likely be my first purchase from the app store. If anyone has any experience with these apps or have an opinion on which one they like more, it would be greatly appreciated.

Also, any suggestions on similar customization apps (paid or free) would also be helpful. Thanks.

I'm using beautiful widgets in conjunction with Launcher Pro and can say that my layout is much more appealing, though the stock droid X layout isn't all that bad!
GOOD MAN!

i actually recommended for us that do not like shadowblur to try :

LWP launcher
ADW " "
beautiful widgets and then download the beautiful live wallpaper
pure grid calendar widget
pure messaging widget

these should give your phone more personality, considering that pure/beautiful widgets "home" is skinnable. the combination of the list above can give you a "htc sense" like setup.

Personally i am using the "destroy" skin. i find it fits my phone perfectly....anything in its path, gets destroyed :p

Upvote 0
GOOD MAN!

i actually recommended for us that do not like shadowblur to try :

LWP launcher
ADW " "
beautiful widgets and then download the beautiful live wallpaper
pure grid calendar widget
pure messaging widget

Is that Beautiful Live Wallpaper downloaded directly from the market place or from within Beautiful Widgets? I got BW but can't find the wall paper anywhere.

thanks

Upvote 0
Is that Beautiful Live Wallpaper downloaded directly from the market place or from within Beautiful Widgets? I got BW but can't find the wall paper anywhere.

Hi,

I know this is an old question, but I was searching for opinions on these 2 apps, so I figured I'd throw out an answer while I'm here ;)

Beautiful Live Wallpaper is a separate app, downloaded from the market, designed to work with Beautiful Widgets.

Side note: try both apps out (BW and W&TW) but make sure to return one within 24 hours for a refund. That way you can see for yourself what works best for you. I will do this if I can't find anything saying that one app is a clear winner over the other.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones