• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone using leak v.1-3 get the OTA yet?

If you don't have the silent phone issue on LV2 then you shouldn't have it on LV3. If I remember correctly, the problem reared it's ugly head in LV2.

I still have that bug on LV3

So since it is fact, please provide the documents.

I am an Android developer. I have not seen a single document from HTC, Google or Verizon regarding this.

But it is a simple matter to switch between hboot versions.

Please provide this SIMPLE method for us.

Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0
I'm not convinced that's the case. Seems like the OTA has a few more features not available in the v.3 leak. Also, there are quite a few v.3 leak users with the silent call issue--a major deal breaker IMO. (I've got it too on v.2 and it's a pain to deal with.) I hope that the OTA would've solved the silent phone problem and I haven't seen any threads about that issue with OTA users.

The 50% time w/o signal is more a less a non-issue as OTD has detailed. I have found the same to be true that if you ignore it, it goes away.

I am still hoping that us leak users (early adopters, beta testers?) will be granted the official OTA so that we won't be wondering if our issues are due to the leak. At least with an official OTA update, we can officially complain to VZ and HTC.

You can't argue with the CRC. The files are identical. It's the same thing.

Upvote 0
First of all, thanks for the post and info.

You are not the only person saying that it is a "simple matter" to change the hboot.

I am wondering, if it is so simple to change the hboot, why hasn't anyone done this yet and then tried to root leak 2.1v3?

I am not expert by any means with software and computers. I can follow instructions but if it was left to me I would still be on 1.5, I learn from all of you on here.

So with that said, some people on here, and now me repeating what they say, are saying that if the hboot was the same as the OTA then us leakers could root. Does that seem possible to you (that if the hboot was changed then root would be possible)? And, how long would it take to change it and try it out?

Thanks again.

It's a simple matter if you can generate a properly signed image...which HTC can because they have the proper private key, but we (users and devs) can't.

So there are 2 possibilities:

1) The next OTA will include an original-rev HBOOT but be installable on the leaks, in which case all should be able to root.

2) The next OTA will include the new HBOOT for all, in which case all will lose the ability to root (unless/until a new root method is found)

I don't think anybody here or @Verizon will know which will occur until it does.

Upvote 0
I posted the following in a second thread someone started...

http://androidforums.com/htc-droid-eris/80844-ota-2-1-leaked.html

"I just got off the phone with a Verizon rep. I had to call because for the first time my wife is having the dialer lag/silent/phone force closed issues. The first thing I was asked was if we received the new software update, and before I could answer her she said yes we did. She said it was sent to us OTA yesterday. When I asked her to explain she said that she could see that both of our phones were sent the OTA yesterday and we would have received the notification....however, we are both running the leak, v3, so we never got any OTA notification.

Take it for what it's worth, looks like we (leakers) wont be getting the OTA. But perhaps we will if what NZ (should have said FN) says is true when a patch comes out."

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones