• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[APP-2.0+][FREE]Phonechievements

slackydroid

Lurker
Jan 17, 2013
Hello! I just started developing android apps a few weeks ago and this my second product:

Phonechievements (latest version 1.06)

About

Phonechievements brings achievements to the mobile phone. For those who are gamers the concept isn't new, for those who are not, achievements are just rewards you get for accomplishing a goal. You don't get an actual prize, it's just a form of reward that you get in writing. Moreover, this app allows you to brag on Facebook with them (for now).

Open the app and navigate through the list. Each achievement has a description on how you can unlock it. Want to let everyone know how you master the phone? Share on Facebook the unlocked achievements. Just open the app and go to the achievement and a Facebook logo button will allow you to do that.

With each update new features and of course new phonechievements will be added.

If you like the idea and want to help me improve or have any suggestions for new achievements, please check it out.

The app is available for Android 2.0+. If you find any issues please let me know so I can fix them.
Thank you.

Screenshots

g5prS.png

fxsBh.png

io7JD.png

Download

Google Play Download Link

QR CODE

Current Features

• More than 60 unlockable achievements in 6 categories (more to come)
  • Share unlocked achievements on Facebook
  • Show/hide unlocked achievements
  • Statusbar notification on phonechievement unlocked
  • Possibility to hide individual achievements
  • Option to switch GPS query ON/OFF (if you keep GPS on from android settings the you most probably want tot keep it OFF in the app)

Light update live. Well not so light. I added just one new achievement: DND. However all the work went in the back fixing bugs and some achievements that were not behaving as intended.

Please let me know of any issues. There are still people complaining of crashes just from the start. Please first try to uninstall and cleanly install the latest version. Then if you still have issues please report them with as many details as you can.

Thank you and enjoy!

Upvote 0
Hello everyone!

Phonechievements is back with version 1.1 introducing the Sync capability. You can now sync your stats online and recover them should you experience any phone reset/loss. Also later (but soon) these synced accounts will power the new profile website I mentioned. For now you can sync unlocked achievements and simple counter based achievements (e.g. SMS count, call count, missed call count, etc.). You CAN NOT sync achievements that have date or streak dependency as this could lead to "cheating" :) . However, it might be possible to implement a solution for this as well. Note that sync can also be used between devices that have the same Google account added. All you have to do is select the same account when using the sync option.

Older android versions press menu key and use Sync option. Newer version just click the actionbar item next to the settings one.

As usual, please let me know of any bugs/crashes/issues you encounter, especially with the new feature.

No new achievements ? Why ?

All the working time has been allocated to developing this Sync feature so anyone can keep safe it's profile and to power the upcoming profile website. Also, before adding new achievements it's better to ensure the existing ones are working properly at least for as many as possible (so many devices and ROMs .. so many things to take into account). Therefore, for the next couple of days, updates will only include bug / achievement fixes. When this gets all stable for almost everyone, a new wave of achievements will come.

Some stuff doesn't work for me!?

Many of you reported issues. It's normal. You have not been forgotten. Everything is on the TODO list and will be treated as soon as possible. I am trying to fix as many issues as I can while adding new features and improvements. So don't lose your hope. Stay tuned.

Last but not least

If you use the sync option, you can check online what unlocked achievement has been backed up at http://pc.pixelmark.ro/profile/yourgoogleusername/ where yourgoogleusername@gmail.com. So just take what's in front of your @gmail.com email address that you used for sync and put it in the link.

THIS IS NOT HOW THE PROFILE WEBSITE WILL LOOK LIKE. This is just a quick page made so you can check that everything was backed up properly. The site could be up at the end of this week, so stay tuned.

Upvote 0
Void Breach (latest version 1.05)

About

Void Breach is a small arcade project that is currently in development.
Main goal is to get the spaceship to the planet in the middle. To that end, the player has to pass some moving obstacles of different types and difficulties. You have to reach the planet before the time runs out and without colliding with any obstacle. Game includes various levels with different types of obstacles, powerups and a scoring system. However, we are looking to constantly improve it and add more levels, powerups, obstacles and puzzles to make it more interesting and of course fun to play.

Number of levels is unlimited and generated using a pseudorandom algorithm that increases the difficulty with each level. However some levels are predefined in order to introduce puzzles and increse the fun :) But once you get to the higher levels ... you have to beat the ferocious random. Good luck!

CONTROLS: Use arrows on screen (position customizable from main menu) to move the ship left or right and tap the screen to advance one step. You can also swipe the screen to advance more steps at a time

Should you have any ideas, feedback, bug reports please by all means let us know. Any help is much appreciated.

Thank you.

Screenshots

mwvtSu3.jpg
pEB9rPD.jpg
ULuhMMD.jpg

Download

Google Play Download Link

Current Features

• Unlimited levels
  • Scoring system based on how fast you pass the level and difficulty
  • Powerups
  • Sound themes
  • Customizable controls

More to come...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones