• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

App Embed Widget?

Supaiku

Sep 16, 2011
Is there a widget that allows you to embed an application onto one of your home screens?

The use is that there's Chinese character recognizer/dictionary apps that I would like to have always open on a home screen. I do not want them to take up the whole screen, and I definitely want to be able to swap to them quickly.

You are saying the application by itself open up to occupy whole screen. Now you want a widget such that the application is "open inside" but constrained by the widget size correct ? Then when you want to use the application, you still can use that small size open app or you need to tap on the widget to make the app inside open up occupy whole screen ?

Upvote 0
You are saying the application by itself open up to occupy whole screen. Now you want a widget such that the application is "open inside" but constrained by the widget size correct ? Then when you want to use the application, you still can use that small size open app or you need to tap on the widget to make the app inside open up occupy whole screen ?

Use the app constrained by the widget size.
Basically, the app doesn't have it's own widget, so it's like a widget adapter:p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones