• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[APP][FREE] Stats Monitor Widget - Minimalistic Android System Monitor

torch2424

Sep 25, 2012
Free: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.torch2424.statsmonitorwidgetFree

Paid ($1): https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.torch2424.statsmonitorwidget

This is my first app, and I'm new to app development, so any feedback or tips are greatly appreciated. I have many plans for future features and updates that could improve or add to the ad. Also, any ratings or downloads help, thanks!

Update Version 4!

- Added a network section, it displays currently connected network, current upload speeds and download speeds that update every 3 seconds! It displays the speeds in megabits per second, but it can be changed to kilobytes per second in the advanced settings! However, network speeds are supported by most devices, and some may not support it.

- Improved performance on the configuration settings, it should scroll a lot faster and smoother now

- Added radio buttons for the text alignment in advanced settings, so now you can only choose one, and is a bit more clear

- Added multiple widget sizes for launchers that cannot re size widgets (2x1, 2x2, 2x3, 2x4)

Update Version 4.1!

- Fixed a bug that stopped certain features from loading

Update Version 4.2!

- Fixed a bug that gives the value 0 for external storage in Samsung Note 3

Update Version 4.3!

- Added an Update interval setting in Advanced Settings!

Update Version 4.4!

- Added battery temperature in farenheit in advanced settings!
- You can now manually enter the path to your external storage in advanced settings if it is not working!
- Hopefully added some better performance with the widget settings

Update Version 4.5!
- Added 1x1 widget size
- Added semi transparent background color
- Reduced app size (Free Version Only)

-More Changelog as posts below -

App Description: Looking for a Conky like, text based, system monitor for android? Tired of slow system monitor widgets making your beautiful phone look ugly, and want something better? Stats Monitor was created for exactly that. As an android user, I created this app off of my own needs and desires as an android user, to create minimalist, text based widget, that could show what's going on in your phone, while keeping the home screens looking beautiful and customizeable.

Features:
Updates every second - Keeps you up to date on all of your phone info and system monitoring!
Time - Easy to see AM/PM format and the current date
Battery - temperature, and percent left
System - Cpu (multi-core available), and uptime
Device Memory - Internal, external, sd card, and ram (Megabytes and Gigabytes setting)
Mobile Network - 3g, 4g, or wifi info (name)
Data Speeds - upload and download speeds (updates every 3 seconds for more accurate estimations)
Customizable - Can use widget settings to hide or display any of these things
Advanced Settings - Change tweak formats and settings and enable things like multi core cpu support!
Minimal - Beautiful, easy to see, and simple!
Text Settings - Change text and background colors to you liking!
Conky (Like) - Build your own widget, but without all of the complicated scripts!

Through my testing, I've found this to be the fastest, most minimalistic, most customize able, and most beautiful form of android system monitor widgets, and I hope you agree. I also can confirm, along with many others, that this widget does not kill your battery, since it only makes requests while your screen is on, so this widget can save you from draining you precious battery life while you are monitoring it. If you have any suggestions or problems please post below, and rate this five stars if you enjoy it. Thank you!

Permissions:
Internet (Free Only): to get Ad requests
Storage: to hopefully fix a crash report some devices have, and save user preferences
Network and Wifi: For the network section to grab network name, and speeds

Screenshots:

lke44L3.png

g39fK5K.png

j7MqtTD.png

e6QaLP7.png

Thanks please reply with feedback below! :)

Reactions: maikalwolf
Upvote 0
Free (With Ads): https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.torch2424.txtnoteFree

Paid (Without Ads): https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.torch2424.txtnote

This is one of my first apps, and I'm new to app development, so any feedback or tips are greatly appreciated. I have many plans for future features and updates. Any feedback or replies are greatly appreciated! Also, any ratings or downloads help, thanks!

Description: Are you looking for a fast, minimal, smooth notepad app? Or is your current notes app slow or ugly? TxtNote was created with that in mind. TxtNote is a very fast and smooth note taking app that gets what you want done with a very simple and minimalistic design. As a long time android user, could based note taking apps were unusable with a bad connection. And standard, local file, note apps would have so many features, the reason why I downloaded it became lost in the features, I would lose my notes if the app uninstalled, and it slowed down the device itself. However, TxtNote is a local file app where .txt files (hence the name TxtNote) are saved onto your external SD card. So even if you uninstall the app, or wipe your phone's data, or install a new custom rom, your notes will always be there, and you can easily back them up from your SD card. And, since it isnt could service based, TxtNote will always be reliable, at a smooth speed no matter what connection you have! TxtNote is the perfect minimalist note app, and I hope you agree!

If you have any suggestions or problems, feel free to e-mail me at torch2424@hotmail.com, and rate this five stars if you enjoy it. Thank you!

ScreenShots:

YXqmXiG.png

pH39wmX.png

fUfuuXK.png

EZ4XcTU.png

Thank you! please reply with feedback below! :)

Upvote 0
Free: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.torch2424.featherfree

Paid: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.torch2424.feather

This is my third app, and I'm still a little new to android development, any feedback or tips is greatly appreciated! I have many plans for future features and updates that could improve or add to the ad. Also, any ratings or downloads help, thanks!

Also, if you have any suggestions or bugs, please feel free to reply to the thread, It helps me create a better app for not only myself, but the entire community!

Inspiration: Personally, I still play my music off of my SD card on my phone, as I find streaming music to eat up all my data, or just really slow and buggy. So I personally would use Google Play Music, or Shuttle (Which is great by the way). And the problem I had with these apps, is that I didn't enjoy they're light theme too much, it made my screen too bright, which would eat my battery, and the way they would scan your SD card was often unreliable, in the terms that it often wouldn't find some of the music I put on my phone, and if I added new music, the refresh would find it if I was lucky and often times I would have to re-install the app just for it to find my music. And on top of that, Google Play Music or other heavy media players would freeze my phone, or make it really laggy when i was in a hurry trying to do something. With video, I often found myself annoyed by the timeout of on screen video controls, or accidentally popping up on the screen and blocking what i was viewing, and I thought it'd be better if they were simply only in portrait mode so you could just flip your phone if you wanted to change something. And also, I once had a rom with a transparent theme, which made everything look so amazing on my phone. So this is why I decided to make a lightweight, transparent, and minimal music app for android that uses a file view rather than a music one to play music and videos.

App Description:
This app requires an external storage (SD card) to run, however most phones already have this.

Looking for a music or video player that isn't slow, always crashing, or freezing your phone? One that allows you to find what you want to listen to or watch through a file explorer, instead of scanning your entire external storage, just to not find everything you have on there? Tired of external codecs, and just want the native ones that are much more reliable and fast? Do you find full screen video controls getting in the way of your video, and you think that they are annoying? Well, Feather was created for just these reasons, and it is presented in a minimal, beautiful, and easy to use format. Where it is all quite reliable, and always quick.

Features:
Playlists - Play videos or music together in a playlist, watch a whole season or listen to a whole album continuously!
Light Weight - APK ~ 300kb (Paid) 1.3 MB (Free) / Installed ~ 1MB (Paid) 4MB (Free)
Fast - Mostly everything pre-loaded when app is opened
Ongoing Notification - You can easily see what's playing or return to the app anywhere in your phone
Compatible - Works with most headset media controllers
Beautiful - Uses your system wallpaper as it's theme, and uses a semi transparent look above it
Distraction Free - All controls are in Portrait mode, so you can focus only on your video in landscape
Smooth - Navigating the app is very fast, and aesthetically pleasing
File View - Lets you find the songs you want to listen to, to avoid moments when a player can't find it
Native Codecs - No extra downloads, uses native android codecs for easy and fast playback

Supported File Formats:
Music - mp3 , flac (Android 3.1+) , mid , xmf , mxmf , rtttl , rtx , ota , imy , ogg , wav , aac (Android 3.1+) ,
ts (Android 3.0+)
VIdeo - 3gp , mp4 , webm , mkv (Android 4.0+)

Permissions:
Read/Write External - to read media, and delete it from the SD Card
Network (Free Only) - For Ads

I'm open to suggestions, and would love to make this app better for the community, if there are any bugs are suggestions you would like to give, send them here: torch2424@hotmail.com

Thank you very much for supporting me and this app!

Screen Shots:
4KWFzNY.png

gfZBgLm.png

2WtaIDb.png

Kc0a8sc.png

oU3Zf0v.png

ChangeLog:

1.0:
Intial Release

1.1:
Fixed starting point (stats in you external sd card, not mount folder)
Fixed navigation (you can explore entire phone now)
Fixed Menu (Added menu button to title bar for phones that dont have it)
Fixed closing crashes
Plays every file in folder after the file you picked
Updated Ads (Free Version Only)

Thank you once again, please reply with feedback below, I look forward to what you have to say! :)

Upvote 0
Updated OP for Stats Monitor Widget to Version 4.5!

Also, Just updated feather, and it brings great improvements!

BIG UPDATE v2
- Decreased Size (Free Version)
- Play, Delete, Move items in play list
- Empty Playlist text
- Removed External SD Check
- Bugfixes (Delete function, etc...)
- Adds all files in folder to play list, but plays the one you chose
- Opens Apk and Images in their respective apps
- Added interstitial ad that shows when you first play a file (Free Version)

Check them both out, and I look forward to your bugs and suggestion if you have them!

Upvote 0
Update Version 4.7!

- Cleaned up ALOT of code, should increase the performance of the app, possibly less 4th cpu core usage
- Hopefully fixed an issue some users were having with not being able to send text messages
- More tablet friendly! Should be less likely to crash on tablets that don't have cell connectivity

Any feddback is appreciated!

Upvote 0
Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.torch2424.decisions&hl=en

Non-Play Store: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8GQ0-i6zp0IdlAzdjdPSGRGV3c/view?usp=sharing

This app is FREE with in-app purchases to extend the functionality of the app

This is my fourth app, and any feedback or tips is greatly appreciated! I have many plans for future features and updates that could improve or add to the app. Also, any ratings or downloads help, thanks!

Also, if you have any suggestions or bugs, please feel free to reply to the thread, It helps me create a better app for not only myself, but the entire community!

Inspiration:
I can at times be very indecisive. And my roommate was always asking me what we should make for dinner, which is a simple enough decision to answer, but I find that a lot of people have trouble with it. So I made an app where you enter a question, for example what you would like to make for dinner, and enter the answers, chicken and other foods, and the app will randomly choose one for you!

App Description:
Are you indecisive? And, have trouble making decisions? Do you often ask for someone else's opinion on what you should do when you need to decide something? Decisions was created just for this. It is a customizable, easy to use, and lightweight app that allows you to answer your questions with the help of your phone!
This is all done in 3 easy steps:
1. Enter your question
2. Enter the answers to your questions
3. Open up your new decision, and press decide!
Features:
Decisions - Store and easily obtain an answer to any of your questions
Randomized - Each answer is weighed the same, so each decisions is fair
Customization - Each question you make is custom created by you, and can be edited accordingly
Coin Flip - Easily decide between heads or tails by a virtual coin flip
Guess A Number Between - Easily guess any number from 1 to 9999
Lightweight - Small app size, easy to load and use
Backup / Restore - Backup and restore your decisions so that they are never lost
This app allows for you to store up to five decisions at any time! Where as more can be purchased within the app at a cheap price.
Permissions:
Read/Write External: To backup and restore your decisions
Billing: To make in app purchases to extend your amount of decisions

I'm open to suggestions, and would love to make this app better for the community, if there are any bugs are suggestions you would like to give, send them here: torch2424@hotmail.com

Thank you very much for supporting me ( Aaron Turner ) and this app!

Screen Shots:

v94oCnu.png

W65IdJL.png

37zhj23.png

wBXNkmY.png

yJpL76e.png

ChangeLog:

1.0:
Initial Release

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones