• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[App] Pebble smart watch functionality causes issues with "accessibility" setting

TJA77

Jun 18, 2012
Hi guys

I recently got myself a Pebble smart watch and Im really enjoying it. To work properly with the HTC One it requires you to turn on a 3rd party notification setting in "Accessibility"

Doing this makes the lock screen lose all its functionality. None of the shortcuts work and to unlock you simply need to touch the screen, no dragging of the finger required. Its quite the bug which I think is a well known one. What I want to know is, if anyone has a pebble and 4.2.2 on their device and whether this problem still persists?

Thanks for any insight

hi,

this could be an application issue that could be causing problems on other devices, so lets move this discussion to the app section so more eyes can see and respond.

my questions to help spark discussion:

Are you rooted?
what carrier?
is this watch and the software compatible with Android OS JB?
what "Accessibility" setting do you have to activate?
have you sent a ticket to the dev of the app?
are you certain its the pebble connectivity and not some rogue app that may be installed?
what type of lock screen do you have on the phone?
can you post a screen grab of the lock screen and how it looks now that you have this pebble system active on the device?

just some questions to make sure we are on the same page. :)

Upvote 0
Hmm. I have the Droid DNA, but am still on 4.1.1 hope this isn't something I have to look forward to when I get an update! :eek:

Edit: after some investigation, it seems this is a Sense 5 issue on the One. I would read this article to get some pointers on what to do:
http://www.droid-life.com/2013/06/1...ense-5-on-the-htc-one-breaks-the-lock-screen/

Haha, just realized, found that link on another forum, but was posted there by our own staff member, Stigy! Thanks man!

Reactions: TJA77
Upvote 0
Hi guys

I recently got myself a Pebble smart watch and Im really enjoying it. To work properly with the HTC One it requires you to turn on a 3rd party notification setting in "Accessibility"

Doing this makes the lock screen lose all its functionality. None of the shortcuts work and to unlock you simply need to touch the screen, no dragging of the finger required. Its quite the bug which I think is a well known one. What I want to know is, if anyone has a pebble and 4.2.2 on their device and whether this problem still persists?

Thanks for any insight

I've got a Pebble which I'm running with a Galaxy S4 at 4.2.2 and have not seen the problems you describe. My Pebble app is "on" in the Accessibility section and so is Pebble Notifier. I've got DashClock running on my home screen so maybe that changes things some how (besides the fact we have different phones).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones