1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

App problems after Root

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mbrudolph, Jun 2, 2010.

1. mbrudolph

mbrudolph Newbie

I completed the root process which has given me access to several apps that i wanted but now I'm having issues with several previous apps that ran great. Google maps force closes every time now. And a few games by Storm8 no longer work at all.

I'm on 2.1 ota. All apps worked fine before root. Any suggestions.

2. jcase

jcase Android Enthusiast

Which rom are you on specifically?

3. thenestor

thenestor Android Expert

It sounds like he didn't flash a ROM; he's on the 2.1 that came with root.

4. mbrudolph

mbrudolph Newbie

I didnt change the rom. I was content with the verizon 2.1 ota. I wanted root mainly for wifi tether. However I know the more i mess with this phone the more likely i will change the ROM.

I have already attempted to uninstall and re-install the apps with no success, same problems. And now with google maps when i attempt the install it says "Installation error: Package file was not signed correctly"

???

5. hallstevenson

hallstevenson Android Expert

Look to see if the apps write any "config" data or settings and be sure to remove that too. Looking on my phone, I don't see anything in my ~/ directory for Maps.

6. hallstevenson

hallstevenson Android Expert

Which is rather "old" now, isn't it ? This ROM came out right after leak v1 was out, as I recall.

He should still be able to get the up-to-date Maps app from the market though. If the problem is solely with Maps and not a combination of an older ROM and Maps, the problem may go away.

7. mbrudolph

mbrudolph Newbie

Problem was the older rom, problem solved!

8. cableguynoe

cableguynoe Android Expert

SO what did you go with?

HTC Droid Eris Forum

The HTC Droid Eris release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 288GB RAM, MSM7600 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews